Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake repeller solar works:

I have purchased some of the solar snake repellers from Gympie and at first I wasn't sure if I had done the right thing until I watched a brown snake and then later a 2 mtr tiger slither up to the range of the vibration and when it went off they both jumped up in mid air about a mtr and then bolted off back to where they came from. We have used them for 2 yrs now and have not had a snake track in the area confined. Other neighbours have purchased them since and have also seen snakes jump up and bolt away. I can't speak more highly ofthem and I am happy for anyone to contact me ... to confirm this. our property was down at Tonebridge 40 min south of Boyup Brook and it contains only 5 houses so you can see it would also contain many snakes as it is surrounded by state forest and low level water ways. Hope this helps anyone. Desley

Just as a side note, during our venomous snake handling course over the weekend, a licensed pest controller informed me that very recently glue traps were banned by the RSPCA and are now illegal for use in Australia.

The solar repellent has been on the market for years now, sold mainly through dog magazines, I have been out to about three different houses with the piece of equipment, removed some lovely copperheads!

2m Tiger snake jumping a metre in the air eh? Thats amazing, youve managed to find the longest Tiger snake in history on the west coast and on top of that it can jump!

People never cease to amaze me.

Really, a metre into the air, huh?????? Ya gotta get this on film mate!!!!! Are you absolutely sure, they were not trying to catch low flying prey items???????? How do you know they "bolted" back to where they came from?????? Where did they come from??????

Wow there certainly are a lot of people joining APS just to post on this thread, desleywr, joined JAN 11? C'mon guys get real.
Reminds me a bit of the bear patrol in the simpsons

I am going to get me some solar snake repellers and when the snakes start jumping into the air I will collect them, breed them and start selling RGM reduced gravity morphs.

You may be sceptical, but I'll be rolling in the $ and laughing all the way to the bank!

Baxtor's you tube

i refer to the you tube piece where Baxtor placed a snake near a solar snake repeller, only problem the piece is a total fake. Initially baxtor showed the unit being connected and giving off a signal which is very audible, but when he holds the snake near the repeller theres no signal during the 1-2 minutes duration of the video. you can listen and you wont hear any sound at all, it's a sham. Fact is these things work and I have any number of fellow poultry breeders who can verify. I always had trouble with browns and carpet snakes here on northern rivers as did many mates. i bought 5 at $50 each on internet 2 years ago and placed round my poultry sheds, i normally removed about 5-6 carpet snakes every year and also chased away the frequent browns but since installing them, and they do emit a signal every 30 seconds unlike Baxtor's you tube sham, not had a permanent snake in that time. same applies to my other poultry breeder mates. have seen snakes come into the area of the signal and hang around for 4-5 minutes then shoot off when they hear and feel the signal. Lets face it if they are selling thousands of them worldwide who are the fools ???

i refer to the you tube piece where Baxtor placed a snake near a solar snake repeller, only problem the piece is a total fake. Initially baxtor showed the unit being connected and giving off a signal which is very audible, but when he holds the snake near the repeller theres no signal during the 1-2 minutes duration of the video. you can listen and you wont hear any sound at all, it's a sham. Fact is these things work and I have any number of fellow poultry breeders who can verify. I always had trouble with browns and carpet snakes here on northern rivers as did many mates. i bought 5 at $50 each on internet 2 years ago and placed round my poultry sheds, i normally removed about 5-6 carpet snakes every year and also chased away the frequent browns but since installing them, and they do emit a signal every 30 seconds unlike Baxtor's you tube sham, not had a permanent snake in that time. same applies to my other poultry breeder mates. have seen snakes come into the area of the signal and hang around for 4-5 minutes then shoot off when they hear and feel the signal. Lets face it if they are selling thousands of them worldwide who are the fools ???

The people buying them? Thousands of people around the world think they will be rolling in virgins if they fly a plane into a building.....does that make it any less rediculous? :lol:

Dude give up all these new accounts to try to flog something that is a load of B/S? Your trying to sell ice to the eskimo's mate, go to a snake hater site and you might get more purchases ;)

Obviously you can lead a horse to water........ There is probably very little point in debating the matter with somebody who is very likely part of the original scam, but can you explain why a snake would hang around for 4-5 minutes when the "repeller" has a cycle rate of 30 seconds.

Haha, this is gold! 3 new members, and their 1 and only post is to talk up this "repellent"... Not sus at all!

2 metre Tigers in Gympie, and Brown Snakes in Tassie! You thought the idiots would atleast do a bit of research before trying to scam people.

So other than keeping your yard clean and clear of junk piles and rodent populations low, are there products out there that do actually 'repel' or keep snake numbers to a minimum, whether it be electronic, physical or chemical?

Hi all

Just wanting to post a warning to all people who are contemplating buying the SENTINEL ELECTRONIC SNAKE REPELLER.

IT DOES NOT WORK AND IS A TOTAL CON.

Save your money, and spend it on something else.
do you mean like another snake and housing for it? the costs involved would get you a pretty nice habitat and a mighty fine snake to go in it

Wow there certainly are a lot of people joining APS just to post on this thread, desleywr, joined JAN 11? C'mon guys get real.
Reminds me a bit of the bear patrol in the simpsons
I am new here and honestly only found the place because I was googling re the snake 'repellent' = I spent this morning at the Vets with my pet cat as a Tiger snake bit him after they scared the living daylights out of each other = they turned the same corner at the same time = quick trip to the Vet

I have a wonderful Antaresia Maculosa who I love dearly but I love my cat too - the Vet mentioned possibly getting some of these repellants for around the house compound and sheds - hence finding this forum and reading this thread - I didnt think these things would work but figured I would look into them - I think spending my money on another snake to keep me company sounds the better idea!

I live on a run down old farm and I have poultry so rodents are always a problem and the place is falling apart from age and strong winds so there is always somewhere for snakes to snuggle up into for a nap and to wait for something to wander past for it to strike at = my question is - "Is there something that can actually repel snakes?"

BTW - I would like to hang around and read a bit here and maybe ask a whole heap of questions along the way

"there is always somewhere for snakes to snuggle up into for a nap and to wait for something to wander past for it to strike at"

Tiger snakes generally do not wait for something to wander past to strike at. If your cat gets bitten by a snake you can bet beyond doubt that it was your cat that initiated the contact.

In the past another company tried to claim the same things but went further to say that it wouldn't effect your pets (like the waves emitted can tell a difference). Now I am not sure that is was with the permission of the developer but one of the big uni's in America (Caltech if I remember right but over 5 yrs ago) tested the product showing that the behaviour of the animal never changed no matter on the status of the product (on/off) which is about a conclusive that an animal can tell you that a product doesn't work. They repeated the same test with rodents and insects, all of which the product claimed could help but the same results occurred. But the public are suckers for bs products, look at the Power Band, really how can a hologram rubber bracelet balance our magnetic levels or whatever other crap it tried to tell us but they made millions world wide and had big sporting names endorsing it.

Tiger snakes generally do not wait for something to wander past to strike at. If your cat gets bitten by a snake you can bet beyond doubt that it was your cat that initiated the contact.

I saw the incident - I was on the roof clearing the gutters = cat walking to one side of corner snake moving towards the other side of same corner = cat saw snake and jumped back a bit - snake turned towards cat and struck - cat got bit - simple

I was not implying that all snakes just sit around at my place waiting for some cat to attack it
That was mearly a descriptive phrase to indicate the stuff at my place

a number of times there have been Tiger snakes on our front porch and all it has taken is walking to the door for them to leave - I am not/was NOT implying that the snake is the one at fault = there is no fault in this particular situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back