Her 1st shed with me!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starr9

Reaction score
So happy to come home to find Charli has had her 1st shed since iv had her!!!!:D:D:D

Looks all good!! It was complete till I de-tangled it from her vines, but only broke into 2 bits (head and all the rest!) Oh happy days!!!! Im so glad tho I wished I could of seen it!!! Oh well perhaps next time!!!

Pics are not that g8 as we need a new camera and im not very good with one any way!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 49
Congrats :D It's always a good feeling when they shed/feed for the first time in your care!!
Nice, whole shed too! :)

Thankx!! I was so glad it was whole!! I know its like my x-mas was early this year im so happy!! hahaha!!! the small things that make me smile!!!
Must say I think i was just as happy when she had her 1st feed with me 2!!! Now there is no stopping her!!! Im so glad I have her as she is no fuss at all now that Iv got everything set up how she likes it!!

Nice, my new jungle shed the first time with me at the start of the week too, you've got to be lucky to catch a shed, been keeping snakes for 6 years and only seen it in the flesh a few times, most of the time they shed at night or in the early hours of the morning from my experience. Next time you notice a shed coming on and the chin rubbing starts, grab a chair and hope the snake does its thing

;) All keepers love a shed, nice fresh birthday suit afterwards. Pics please darl of the beast :)

Thanks everyone!!! I cant stop smiling im so happy!! hahaha!! I didnt see her eyes go milky but she refused a feed last week so I thought she might be shedding! I thought id let her be as I didnt want to upset her or anything!!! Im so glad I was right!!!! YA!!! im going to have a drink now, its 5pm some where in the world right!?! ;)

Here she is now in her new skin!!!!:D:D:D

She was looking for food the min I opened up her enclosure!! hahahah!!! Do you think I should feed her now or w8 a few days??

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
i'd go now, i feed some of my snakes the day after they shed without any probs, if they are hungry why not? :p haha nice snake btw

i'd go now, i feed some of my snakes the day after they shed without any probs, if they are hungry why not? :p haha nice snake btw

Cool!! Thank you! I will get her dinner ready now!!!

Yer I love her! shes so darn cute!!! hahaha!!!

Mine always eat straight after a shed generally they missed a feed the week before so getting them to take it isn't an issue, some show more signs of a shed then others, my childrens and spotteds would go milky all over for a week, clear up for a day and then shed, where as my jungle only goes slightly dull for a few days before a shed

Last edited:
Mine always eat straight after a shed generally they missed a feed the week before so getting them to take it isn't an issue, some show more signs of a shed then others, my childrens and spotteds would go milky all over for a week, clear up for a day and then shed, where as my jungle only goes slightly dull for a few days before a shed

Thats good to know! thank you!!!

Well she was fine and is now munching down on some tucker!!!

My good feeder ate the night of his shed. Looking great Starr9

Nice, i always miss the shed too. My girl is always hungry, she feeds the night of the shed no wokkas. :)

Thank you Smithers and Justdragons!!!! She is a very good feeder now she all settled in!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back