brisbane valley herping pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmbo

Reaction score
just thought id share a few pics from the past 2 weeks worth of herping me and my partner have done around the brisbane valley
i dont use a dslr so sorry for lack or professionalism :lol:
but here they are anyway

emmbo;)

My b/f is a wildlife relocator.

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

gg.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

ggg.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

b.jpg

cc.jpg

ccc.jpg

aa-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the 'hypoish' Carpet cool find and that bandy bandy in its defensive pose is always good for a laugh.

P.s how do you enbed the photo's so large ??

Love the 'hypoish' Carpet cool find and that bandy bandy in its defensive pose is always good for a laugh.

P.s how do you enbed the photo's so large ??

one of the best hypo carpets ive seen in the wild let alone in captivity:)
umm, i just use photobucket... dont use anything special lol

Awesome finds! I love pic one......what a poser! :p Pic 2 is my next fav......he looks happy to see ya! :lol:

What is the snake in the 3rd pic ? Red Naped ?
Oh and great pics and finds (-:

That Burton's is a thumper! How big was it?

Good work!

glad someone noticed that.. lol
i dont usually bother getting pics of stinky old burtons, but when i saw this one i thought it was a huge scaly foot!
it would have been the best part of 50cm i recon. definately the biggest ive found.

Nice, we don't get them much bigger than 25cm around here.

glad someone noticed that.. lol
i dont usually bother getting pics of stinky old burtons, but when i saw this one i thought it was a huge scaly foot!
it would have been the best part of 50cm i recon. definately the biggest ive found.

Fantastic work Emmbo and Smithy.

My only criticism of this post is that you dont have an SLR camera. If you are taking shots like that with a point and shoot just imagine what an SLR would produce.

Smithy, everyone that counts on this site knows full well that you have a great knowledge and ability with all reptiles. Perhaps to make the small unimportant minority happy, you should plant your butt in front of a computer (with Emmbo) and proceed to make up to or over 1400 posts on this site so your experience is obvious. It's clear that herping and caring for your animals doesn't count for anything here, it's all about how many posts you've made!

Once again, great finds and great pics there. I look forward to seeing more of the same....

Booger......

Yeah thanks for the pics guys, I enjoyed them. Its great to know that we can see these herps not far from our back yard.

hi guys love your work and the pics,but i do have to admit when i first saw them i was waiting for the flamers,in todays society liability comes into our everyday lives more than it should a hypothetical situation where a teenager has a quick look at the post just looks at the pictures dosnt read the whole thread comes across a elapid the very next day tries to pick it up with a stick just like in the pictures and gets bitten now because it is on a public forum and dosnt have a disclamer down the bottom saying don't try this at home the people pictured are trained professionals and blah blah blah blah blah,,if the parents decide to sue it is quite possible they would have a case,the chances of this are probably one in a million but it is a possibility in this world we live in.
now having painted that sad picture keep up the good work ssssmithy

I almost never photograph my catch and releases but lately since i've been relocating a lot and finding a lot we thought why not for viewers interest only.
i have a few properties and creeks which are close to the roads in the valley, so iv gotten pics with them at the car before i walk through 6foot grass or swamp or forest to release them in suitable habitat.
i can see how someone might think the obvious. but honestly its no wonder more recognised herpers don't post here any more...
its a shame really, i've always posted photos or added my bit to threads im knowlegdable in and never been asked or needed to provide a disclaimer with them. lol
thanks guys.

anyhow...last nights removal from under a stove at 11pm at night... a dirty stinkin keelback..
before i walked it to the local creek. licenced* do not try this at home children*

Attachments

• keel.JPG
    keel.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Great pics, do you get many calls to Rough Scails and Stephens Bandeds out your way?
Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back