Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I prefer to keep juveniles in tall enclosures. They can easily assume natural ambush position and that tells me that they have digested their last meal and are ready for the next.

i-sL2VVVz-M.jpg

3aa64c67-99f4-c21a.jpg
I keep mine in shallower tubs and they do the same.

Cheers Brenton

It doesn't look the same to me, not at all. But, that's how you do it, nothing wrong with it.

Greenmad how is that clutch doing?? anymore pics for us to drool over?

Last edited:
Is there any other legitimate sarongs around besides Badens and Nevs?

Cheers sam

hmmm legitimate Sorongs?
Where did Baden and Nev get theirs from, surely that breeder would have some???
How certain are Baden and Nev that they have legitimate Sarongs?

Greenmad how is that clutch doing?? anymore pics for us to drool over?

Bryce the clutch is going really good only a few tricky feeders to weed out most have had there sec shed and looking good will try and get some pics over the weekend.

Sorong's were around for some time. This one belongs to a friend of mine, I took the shot long before the Great Australian Import.

i-VwV8c2n-M.jpg

Sorong's were around for some time. This one belongs to a friend of mine, I took the shot long before the Great Australian Import.

i-VwV8c2n-M.jpg
l wonder how many people have pairs male and female both 100% Sorong as you never see many or any advertised. WR

To be 100% positive of its locality it would of had to be collected or have documents proving its breeding to when it was collected. Otherwise it's a educated guess.

Cheers Brenton

No worries Greenmad, looking forward to them.

I think it's 100% safe to say - that is a Sorong type. After all, it's a geographical name not scientific. Surely, you don't find this wild morph just at Sorong. The blue markings are as typical as the white line on our natives. It's a different story when it comes to high yellow morphs, so commonly called Biacs and not always correct.

Waterrat, what other local has a blue dorsal line like the one in the photo above and does your friend have a pair or just the one ? WR

Waterrat, what other local has a blue dorsal line like the one in the photo above and does your friend have a pair or just the one ? WR

That blue zig-zag marking is a typical of GTPs from Sorong are, I don't know if they occur anywhere else. Ask DanN.

Michael what do you class as a biak?

I believe that's the most variable morph. A lot of yellow and white, also the head is of a different shape. Also, ask DanN, he has seen them all in situ.

Few pics of a female here i weighed tonight,shes just over 2 kilos,was the blaze neonate,got a really unusually fine slender tail compared to others here and different shaped head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back