Freak Blue-ish snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update , hes over a year old and still blue :)

423109_232515420169976_100002345580570_533863_1793634699_n.jpg

You can see wild jungles with lots of yellow in the black pattern .
But ive never seen that much blue in the black pattern before.
You never know what trait can pop out when you breed in captivity and especially if the bloodlines are inbred.
Something that is rare of just hidden in the colour genes can turn up.
I hope it is genetic in some way.
I would be breeding him back to the mother and doing a out cross to unrelated stock etc
or breed him to his sister etc
That should provide a few answers ...
Good luck Paul..

PS A blue carpet for a blue man. The gods must like you lol

Last edited:
did anyone else notice the beardies in the background sitting in the fern very nice jungle to

did anyone else notice the beardies in the background sitting in the fern very nice jungle to

haha they like to watch!

Also , the Jungle has a "tully" background in its parents , not Julatten like asked in a PM , I'll take a pic of him with a yearling Jullaten so ya can see the difference latter.

LOl , it doesn't need any weird name , will be a few years to find out for sure if its a one off or a color that can be worked with.

very nice animal paul. i had one extremely similar .it was the odd one in the clutch. unfortunatly it died a few years ago with 13 cancer tumors in her at only 3 years of age.

Attachments

• ANKOR1.JPG
    ANKOR1.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 126
very nice animal paul. i had one extremely similar .it was the odd one in the clutch. unfortunatly it died a few years ago with 13 cancer tumors in her at only 3 years of age.

Interesting python , almost blue but more grey, I hope you haven't Jinxed mine with cancer! , one of his sisters is showing the same color so hopefully in a few years there might be a few more...

Pics for Col ,, not jullaten.
5954390c.jpg

88213da5.jpg

0b910d10.jpg

Last edited:
Eeeew... You said that so casually lol! Good luck with the pairing, fingers crossed you get some more with that colour :) He looks beautiful.

Weirdly he now changes color from a "meh" grey in the daytime to a "nice blue-grey" at night... very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back