Silkback Central Bearded Dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what price range will we be looking at to purchase a het or a silkback from you in later times...

If i were you i wouldnt even be thinking about that yet.

Thats probably yeaaaars away. But thats the fun of a new morph... you have it and will most likely be the only one for years while you establish the line etc.

:)

I have been watching this thread in amzement from day one. Only being new to owning reps myself to see something so rare come along is quite speacial.Hope all goes well for you Goaty and your speacial bubs.

how are all the babies doing all fedding and such?, are the smoothies much different in care to the normal ones?

Hi hope you get this! there was a bloke who came in with 2 silkback bearded dragons yesterday at the pet store by breeding two leathers but if you have got this little guy out of two normals that is amazing! Good Luck With It :)

how are all the babies doing all fedding and such?, are the smoothies much different in care to the normal ones?
They are feeding ok, take a little longer and require a little more patience with feeding. The temperatures are slightly lower and they require a little more humidity than normal beardies.

I personally wouldnt be selling them at all, i'd keep them for further breeding and so on.
If not it's my birthday in one month 5days ;) haha

So they 'appear' to be 'Silkbacks', but they didn't come from 'Leatherbacks' (i.e. hets), but they are scaleless??

I personally wouldnt be selling them at all, i'd keep them for further breeding and so on.
If not it's my birthday in one month 5days ;) haha

I never mentioned selling them and i have no intention too

So they 'appear' to be 'Silkbacks', but they didn't come from 'Leatherbacks' (i.e. hets), but they are scaleless??

That is correct, the original silkback which was originally bred in Italy, was produced the same way.

That is correct, the original silkback which was originally bred in Italy, was produced the same way.

So the silkback came before the leatherback in Italy and the letherback is the codom het and the silkback is the homo super?

I saw this off the US Sandfire Ranch site,

'Due to the absence of scales, they [silkbacks] are less protected during rough breeding and are more prone to injury. They also seem to have difficulty shedding (dysecdysis) and may be more susceptible to ultraviolet light and heat. The real interest with this unique mutation is what will happen when it is bred with other forms?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back