BTS Health concern

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroy1983

Reaction score
recently my night tiger had a shed which came off with no worries but after she developed this nasty looking patch on her belly. Im taking her to a reptile vet on Thursday but if anybody has any idea what i can do in the meantime?
387712_305126482853660_100000689321913_1023481_485003038_n.jpg

Poo stain ? Once my jungle shed and he had a patch like that put him in the bath and it rubd right off he slid around in some of his doo doo

yeah i wish it was a skid mark, it almost looks like the skin has lifted off and is slowly getting darker.

Putting some flamazine on it or diluted chlorhexidine should help until the vet appointment. Flamazine is antibacterial cream so should settle the inflammatory response down a little and decrease the amount of tissue damage and if the lesion is not bacterial the cream will still prevent a secondary bacterial infection establishing, will probably cost about $12 from the chemist

Use it sparingly though, as with any drug there can be side effects if you put too much on.
Looks pretty uncomfortable for the poor fella good luck mate.

took her to the vet last night and she reckoned it was the result of double shedding and to apply some shed aid to it and as long as the snake was eating (which it is) and the mark was not getting bigger that i don't need to worry to much about it. She also said otherwise the snake seemed quite healthy although she couldn't give me a reason as to why it would double shed.

hopefully these ones work

Attachments

• P1010588.jpg
    P1010588.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P1010589.jpg
    P1010589.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back