Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but you can't blame a book for promoting hate. That point in itself is moot; it's people who promote hate. Different interpretations of the same line can either be positive or negative, it depends on the scope and actions of the mind that reads it.
I've read the bible and I don't hate gay people, I don't even like using the term 'gay' or 'homosexual'. My respect for a person depends on the person themselves, not their sexual orientation; they're all people to me. If a person is weak enough to let another's interpretation of a set of words sway their ethical compass to the point of deliberately hurting or despising another for something so trivial, something that doesn't even affect them, then that's their loss. The same goes for any connotation, whether belief or disbelief, negative or positive.
Tolerance works in many ways, but no matter which end you're standing its meaning is the same: Live and let live.

Sometimes its hard to align with the intelligent human race,because some make it so damn hard to be the same species!...How long and how many are persecuted by race,religion and sexuality.Its has been going on for a couple of thousand years already.When will it stop,when everyone dies......What makes people better than others or should I say, What makes people THINK they are better than others!

Sorry but i had to share this one lol.

edit - sorry, took the video down. Some may have found offensive.

Last edited:
At the end of the day christians will be be christians
religous fanatics will be fanatics, gays will be gay.
What the big problem we have to face is those people with blue eyes.
There should be no tolerance at all for blue eyed people.
There is no place for them here and we don't want them.
Why can't they just change their eye colour?

At the end of the day christians will be be christians
religous fanatics will be fanatics, gays will be gay.
What the big problem we have to face is those people with blue eyes.
There should be no tolerance at all for blue eyed people.
There is no place for them here and we don't want them.
Why can't they just change their eye colour?

Where did I put my green contacts... ;)

Yup we christians are all ignorant people who only believe what we are told..
facepalm.jpg

Irony.

Honestly Australia should wake the hell up. We take pride in living in an open relaxed society, we take pride in living in one of the best countries on earth ! And then we degrade ourselves and our country by discriminating ? People its 2011 !! Wake the eff up australia and our crap government. I say let people do whatever they want when it comes to love/marriage. I dont care if 2 guys kiss, 2 girls kiss, guy and girl kiss. Love is love, it doesnt understand discrimination or hatred or racism. this topic really puts me down when i look at my country and see my people being treated like secondary system because of their love ! Honestly, our government and people should wake the eff up !! We take pride in liviing in one of the best open relaxed countries on earth. We take pride in our freedom, our beliefs, our cultrures and traditions. Then we turn around to some of our OWN people, and discriminate against them !! Shameful.Love knows no boundries, it has no limits and has no hatred. apart of our freedom and that means we are free to love whoever we want. Iv got a lebanese background, im muslim so ive heard my fair share of 'arab remarks' but you know what i actually feel bad for that person, living their life in hatred for others. FREE LOVE, FREE HUGS, NOH8. We should embrace everyones individuality and i will stand along side any group fighting for their rights to Love and get equal treatment to everyone else. Honestly, sometimes im embarrassed by my country when i see my own people discriminating my own people :( Wake the hell up Australia

Last edited:
What i find funny is the whole 'its their choice'........Im pretty sure that if they had a choice........chosing to be gay wouldnt be what they pick. They would most likely go with what is classed as 'normal' & be with the opposite sex, if only to avoid the name calling, the beatings, & the way society labels them. It isnt a CHOICE to be gay or straight, we are born the way we are, & people really need to learn to not only mind their own business, but also how to be respectful to EVERY human being, regardless on who they are lovin' at night!

What i find funny is the whole 'its their choice'........Im pretty sure that if they had a choice........chosing to be gay wouldnt be what they pick. They would most likely go with what is classed as 'normal' & be with the opposite sex, if only to avoid the name calling, the beatings, & the way society labels them. It isnt a CHOICE to be gay or straight, we are born the way we are, & people really need to learn to not only mind their own business, but also how to be respectful to EVERY human being, regardless on who they are lovin' at night!

Sorry Bel, but to be honest i dont agree with you here. Most people are happy to be the way they are. They are fine being gay and they are happy. Sexuality CAN be a choice and i dont think that if they could change it they would.

Hahahaha!

Sorry Bel, but to be honest i dont agree with you here. Most people are happy to be the way they are. They are fine being gay and they are happy. Sexuality CAN be a choice and i dont think that if they could change it they would.

What persuasion are you?

LOL what do you mean? I know what persuasion is but what do you mean? Rephrase it so i can answer haha

Last edited:
LOL what do you mean? I know what persuasion is but what do you mean?

What i mean is that if it really is a choice then i challenge you to change your sexuality. I would assume you are a heterosexual man, make a choice to stop being with women and be with men instead. And don't just do it, enjoy it!

What i mean is that if it really is a choice then i challenge you to change your sexuality. I would assume you are a heterosexual man, make a choice to stop being with women and be with men instead. And don't just do it, enjoy it!

No, i guess i said it wrong. That isnt what i meant. I meant that alot of people who are gay ( and i have heaps of gay friends) Are happy and comfortable witht the way they are. Sorry i guess i put it out wrong ( just woke up lol)

So... Gordo... I know what you're saying is right - and I get that. But is there still evidence to suggest that we're 'born' that way?

Now, I could google it - I realise. I could ask my brother - was he born that way? Why wasn't I born that way (though, I am glad when I read some of the posts here that I am a healthy heterosexual)?

I'm not denying that it's possible... And my brother did once say there was a 'gene' isolated.

So I assume therefore it's genetic - and as you say, you're born that way. Truth? Bent truth (scuse the pun)? Or just phalicy (oh, another pun... wow... Getting good at these)?

Anyway - did someone tell Rick Perry that? That if we're 'born' that way then surely we all have the right to a life - Would Rick stop people with down syndrome or cerebral palsy getting married? What about someone with haemophilia or colour blindness? Because, basically, what you're saying is the same thing (really) just in a different light.

Again, I need to make it clear, I am not denying this is the truth, but what I am saying - if it is, then surely this is where the buck stops!

I dont mind if you dont agree with me......it happens! & yes, while some may be more then happy with their sexuality, i know plenty who arent, & as i said, it basically just comes down to them not liking the labels they are given or the way they are treated, so if given a 'choice' they wouldnt be gay. Im not saying they shouldnt be happy with who they are, but in the world we live, people make it very hard for those who have had alot to deal with to ever really feel comfortable.
I believe 100% that what & who you are attracted to sexually is already decided before you are born, you obviously dont realise until later in life that you may or may not be 'different', & while there are people who are able to 'pretend' they are 'normal', their feelings are still their feelings, they just bury them for as long as they can.

There is evidence that it is atleast partially genetic and there is also evidence that there are environmental influences (mainly in utero) too. That's not to say that you can raise a child a certain way to produce a gay/lesbian/bi or whatever. So in answer to your question of 'Is there evidence?' yes there is.

So... Gordo... I know what you're saying is right - and I get that. But is there still evidence to suggest that we're 'born' that way?

Now, I could google it - I realise. I could ask my brother - was he born that way? Why wasn't I born that way (though, I am glad when I read some of the posts here that I am a healthy heterosexual)?

I'm not denying that it's possible... And my brother did once say there was a 'gene' isolated.

So I assume therefore it's genetic - and as you say, you're born that way. Truth? Bent truth (scuse the pun)? Or just phalicy (oh, another pun... wow... Getting good at these)?

Anyway - did someone tell Rick Perry that? That if we're 'born' that way then surely we all have the right to a life - Would Rick stop people with down syndrome or cerebral palsy getting married? What about someone with haemophilia or colour blindness? Because, basically, what you're saying is the same thing (really) just in a different light.

Again, I need to make it clear, I am not denying this is the truth, but what I am saying - if it is, then surely this is where the buck stops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back