Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is all a choice driven by rebelling against social norms then how do you explain those who are in closet? Not everybody goes out and flaunts it. The only way you would even have an inkling with a lot of people is if they tell you.

For arguments sake i'll entertain your idea as a possible explanation for people having sex with each other. But how does it explain people falling in love?

The gay gene, "I was born gay", "It's who I am" etc, I personally believe it is more society driven. In the Roman times it was accepted that at parties, anything goes. You took some mind altering drugs and drank heavily then committed adultery, homosexuality, lesbianism, paedophilia with both the guests and the various slaves, males, females, children etc it didn't matter and nobody cared what you did or who you did it with. Society changed, christianity dominated and these things were outlawed. Today religion is losing its hold on society and we are starting to push the limits of what is acceptable in society again. At this point in time, being gay is still not accepted by society........it is tolerated. I wonder if being gay is more the rush of doing something taboo or sticking it to parents or society. Is it a society thing or is it genetic? I lean more towards society. Either way, it doesn't personally effect me. If someone wants to be gay.....whatever floats your boat. If you want a piece of paper to justify your union, again.....whatever.

If it is all a choice driven by rebelling against social norms then how do you explain those who are in closet? Not everybody goes out and flaunts it. The only way you would even have an inkling with a lot of people is if they tell you.

For arguments sake i'll entertain your idea as a possible explanation for people having sex with each other. But how does it explain people falling in love?

It has merit in some points, but as you said it doesn't explain falling in love. It does, however, explain unnecessary guilt associated with falling in love and issues that arise there on. Ridiculous really when it has nothing to do with anybody but the two (or more, if you're into polygamy...) individuals involved. Biology explains falling in love a hell of a lot better than sociology.

Id say im bi and for me i love who i love! If asked if im more one way than they other, I feel that each person is different, and for me (guy or girl) its the person I fall in love with not there sex. Do I sway more to one sex than the other? No. I take each person as an individual and how they treat me and the people around them. Thats what I fall in love with, the person. Yes im with a man now and I can see myself with him for the rest of my life. Will we get married, I hope so! If he was a she Id still hope to wed! I think if it harms no one, your happy and true to yourself carry on! Life is to short to be trying to control how others live! If we spend so much time trying to control what everyone else is doing in there life, we never live our own!

The gay gene, "I was born gay", "It's who I am" etc, I personally believe it is more society driven. In the Roman times it was accepted that at parties, anything goes. You took some mind altering drugs and drank heavily then committed adultery, homosexuality, lesbianism, paedophilia with both the guests and the various slaves, males, females, children etc it didn't matter and nobody cared what you did or who you did it with. Society changed, christianity dominated and these things were outlawed. Today religion is losing its hold on society and we are starting to push the limits of what is acceptable in society again. At this point in time, being gay is still not accepted by society........it is tolerated.
How would you explain the fact that such young adolescents identify themselves as gay when they have had no influence in this? I was 10 when i first knew that i was different, my first crush was on a guy at school, i still remember his name it was that significant to me!

I was bought up VERY sheltered, i had no exposure to gays. I did not even know what it was. So how did society make me gay in this case? I was not allowed to watch TV shows that other kids watched, i was not allowed to have certain toys etc etc. So in my case your argument is flawed.

I wonder if being gay is more the rush of doing something taboo or sticking it to parents or society.
I was the child that would have done ANYTHING to please my parents. I feared them in respect. I loved my parents, the last thing on my mind would be to upset them. Do you honestly think that i am gay because i wanted to rebel from my parents?? Or society, even at such a young age i wouldn;t have had the slightest idea about 'society'.

Also as Gordo says, how do you exlpaint hose who live their whole lives in the closet? I know grown men in their 40's who have not come out to friends and families. Do you think they enjoy living this double life? this lie? I can tell you, i tried it, and it almost killed me. I was suicidal at he thought of disappointing my parents to the point where they would disown me (yes, it did happen for many years).

What about the gay people in places like Iran etc where they are hanged? Do you think that society there has accepted it and that is why they are gay? Or do you think they like the thrill that for falling in love with a person of the same sex will get them hung?

Yes society in some countries has changed slightly, yes this gives gay people a little more freedom in that SOME feel comfortable enough to identify their sexuality, but no, change in society does not make people gay.

Is it a society thing or is it genetic? I lean more towards society. Either way, it doesn't personally effect me. If someone wants to be gay.....whatever floats your boat. If you want a piece of paper to justify your union, again.....whatever.

Religion is an outdated, outmoded thing. It struggles to justify it's immovability in it's ideals, most of which are some 2000 years old, and written by many different people from many different viewpoints. It's a bit like the journalists of our day. Being so resistant to change with the times and 'go with the flow', it has become irrelevant to todays society.

For hundreds of thousands of years, we lived as we saw fit, till only 2000 years ago, we were given this set of rules to live by. After that, everything went screwy, people hated and despised those with different views, from either side of the fence. It has been the reason for almost every conflict, and every war that has taken place, and all for what? So our sons, husbands and brothers can die needlessly in the name of some ridiculous book.

Religion and christianity is, thankfully, a dying entity, and I can't wait for the day it dies out completely, not in my lifetime it won't happen, but it WILL happen, as I said, it is irrelevant and useless.

Will be really happy to see the gays get their rights to marry, I hope they put it to a referendum, I think you'd find it would be a resounding YES!

My question is, why even respond to these fundamentalist homophobic people? They're either trolling or just incredibly stupid.

Why would somebody choose to be bullied for being different, have less rights than other people and be seen as evil by the idiotic religious nutbags.
Gays dont "choose" to like men, just as straight people dont choose to like women.
But it still is obviously seen as bad in our society. For example, when someones trying to insult someone they may say "You're a (rhymes with dag)" or "You're such a (rhymes with beer)" And if they see something as stupid, or pointless or whatever they'll say "Oh that is so gay".
I'll admit I'm guilty of saying those things, without meaning any offence to homosexual people, but the fact is its used so often that its part of many of our every day language.

If abortion is tolerated, I can't even begin to see why society even has a problem at all with homosexuality. Human beings have a right to privacy, and, for right or wrong, what they do in their own lives is not anyone else's business, and certainly not the business of the government - a just government, that is.

Of course, here we are with a lot of heat and aggression towards gays or lesbians, who, through no fault of their own, were born with, or who through traumatic experiences with the opposite sex developed, a sexual attraction to the same sex. It happens, and there is little anyone can do to change that.

I am heterosexual, and I am only attracted to women - of course, but if others wants to be different to me that is their business, not mine.

I have zero care factor about minority groups in Australia. Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about gay's, Muslims, Christians, etc etc.

I have zero care factor about minority groups in Australia. Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about gay's, Muslims, Christians, etc etc.

yea, but, every person in the country, is SOME part of a minority group, due to some point or other in their belief system or personal life or a quirk or some other thing.

and lucky for you, you have the choice to simply ignore them and go on about your business, ans especially with sexuality, in in no way, shape of form actually impacts upon your life, so there's no real problem with you now is there?

on your bike and leave the rest up to every one else,to do the heavy work for equality, I'm sure you would have had the exact same thought for women's and anti segregation and race rights back in the day too eh?

All I know is these differences create a lot of hate on both sides of the fence. If it doesnt affect you then stay out of it and be happy.

Recharge, I'm part of several minority groups as a result of the way I was born. I accept that and get on with life, rather than shove it in everyone's face. I feel sorry for you and all your anger and hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
my anger and hate? LOL the fact is, homosexuals aren't shoving anything in our faces, but the religious nuts are, but I don't hate them.

You just seem so angry and your response was so negative towards me. Just love everyone the same and the world would be better for it.

christians knocking on doors and gays having massive parades. Muslims complaining about rules regarding burkkas. All seems to be thrown in the publics face.

Snowman with all due respect I think you're confusing people just being who they are with people who want the rest of the world to believe what they do. Gays don't want everyone to turn gay they just want to be equal in the eyes of the law

Perhaps Sax. I mainly just don't like how angry everyone gets at each other.
There is no law against being gay. And the way I see it defacto couples are better off than married couples in Australia. What does a piece of paper really mean? There is a lot of hetero sexual society turning away from the religious ceremony of marriage these days. Getting married means that you can't split income (pay partner to do the books), it means you only get one home owners grant between you etc....
If I was told I couldn't marry my partner then so be it. I love her and thats all there is to it. I don't care who recognises my commitment to her.

Perhaps Sax. I mainly just don't like how angry everyone gets at each other.
There is no law against being gay. And the way I see it defacto couples are better off than married couples in Australia. What does a piece of paper really mean? There is a lot of hetero sexual society turning away from the religious ceremony of marriage these days. Getting married means that you can't split income (pay partner to do the books), it means you only get one home owners grant between you etc....
If I was told I couldn't marry my partner then so be it. I love her and thats all there is to it. I don't care who recognises my commitment to her.

The fight about equality isnt just about marriage but every equal right awarded to gays is a large step towards making homosexuality socially accepted. As stated earlier being gay is illegal in some countries where gays are sentenced like in Iran and Cameroon. Even in Australia, you've never heard of a gay person being severely bashed or teenagers committing suicide because of the discrimination they face? Just because it's not illegal doesnt mean that everyone is fine with it and gays live a lovely life free of abuse.

The fight about equality isnt just about marriage, as stated earlier being gay is illegal in some countries where gays are sentenced like in Iran and Cameroon. Even in Australia, you've never heard of a gay person being severely bashed or teenagers committing suicide because of the discrimination they face? Just because it's not illegal doesnt mean that everyone is fine with it and gays live a lovely life free of abuse.

You can't change peoples oppinions and views. We are ALL against child abuse. But there are so many mongrels in society that physically, emotionally, sexually abuse children. For the most part everyone is open to gay's and treat them like everyone else. Then there are the mongrels who dont.
I used to get beat up in primary school for the colour of my skin. The only dark kid in my whole year level and one of only a few in the whole school. It taught me that we are all different and you will never get people to treat you with equality all the time. As an adult I still have random instances of racism. Like the random chemical testing at airports. I seem to get targeted every flight and I used to work FIFO so a flew a lot!!

What I'm saying is just because you cant change that individuals actions that doesnt mean we should ignore it and say "oh that's just a problem we cant do anything about". To me that's just contributing to the problem as you may not verbally support it, but you dont stand up and say its wrong either. Oppression can still exist in a 'free' country, is just happens on a smaller scale.

If you've been the subject of racism then you should have a good understanding of why discrimination (such as what happens with the gay community) is a problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back