Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Americans do NOT lead the way with morelia morphs, anyone would think the only country outside of Australia was the US LOL.

They do look good, definitely looks like some sort of extreme Jag. No one has mentioned incubation yet :)

Nice looking snakes great to see some different looking morphs being produced in recent years, finally catching up to the yanks

Ok I'll speculate.

To me they look like they are jags. Ones that have been bred to a striped animal and their offspring has now been bred back to one of the parents to re-inforce the striping.

Anyways, until they "come into the open about them" thats all we can do, speculate.

ditto..

Interesting looking snakes. Would love to try a cross with paradoxs in a few years

Arent paradoxs Jags?

If they are why try to destroy a new line??

If not my bad

Looking at the shape of the head my very first impression is Jungle...I'm sincerely hoping they're absolutely cracking, pure bred reduced pattern jungles, but I'm a bit of an optimist at times.

If you look at the head pattern and the general body pattern they certainly look like some of the very reduced pattern Jags overseas such as this Irain Jaya Jag. The IJ Jag seem to be the most pattern reduced.
CrazyJag1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More info for the speculators.

If this was indeed a jag breeding, then it wouldn't some of the babies from a 20 clutch be normals? All of them turned out like this.
Incubation was between 30-31.5 and were incubated with other clutched which turned out normal.

The parents were also unrelated. Over the coming years they will be tested on their genetics.

More pics will be posted as they develop.

Well I guess that would depend what you refer to as normal, without knowing the genetics of the parents it is hard to say. If there are genetic stripes in the mix then 'normals' could well be striped and reduced.

More info for the speculators.

If this was indeed a jag breeding, then it wouldn't some of the babies from a 20 clutch be normals? All of them turned out like this.
Incubation was between 30-31.5 and were incubated with other clutched which turned out normal.

The parents were also unrelated. Over the coming years they will be tested on their genetics.

More pics will be posted as they develop.

Did 20 of the total clutchof 40 happen to not hatch? lol
Call me a skeptic but I would say reduced patterned jags.

If they are in deed a whole clutch like this, then to me its something non genetic. if a mutation was to pop up from completely normal animals that are unrelated, there would only be a couple at most pop up in the clutch, not the whole clutch.

Anyways thats just my thoughts, so I guess until somone gets on here and shows the whole clutch together and posts more info on the background of the parents etc, I will remain a skeptic.

But thats just me. :)

Well I guess that would depend what you refer to as normal, without knowing the genetics of the parents it is hard to say. If there are genetic stripes in the mix then 'normals' could well be striped and reduced.

The whole clutch turned out like the pics.... nothing normal about them lol

I think you missed Boa's point. He's saying the parents may have had the genetics in the background, not directly them. Throw backs for a lack of term!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back