I have just traded the first albino...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gillsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
All you fish people :)

Thought the title would get you, but I happened to buy an albino pygmy corydoras catfish. They seem to be unknown or heard of.

As I have no interest in breeding it, I have just sent it to a breeder to make the most of it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 385
lol down here they're is heaps of albino corydoras lol i managed to get them to lay eggs but they all turned white they are pretty easy to condition and they are pygmy ones two lol

Last edited:
I think he means an albino pygmaeus, not one of the more common albinos. Or maybe he's just very drunk.

Yep, he's talking about albino pygmy corydoras, not the very common albino bronze corydoras. Hope you got a decent price for the little guy as I've never heard of an albino pygmy corydoras before now :)

LOL the pic is of an albino pygmaeus not "common albino corys aeneus"

nothing quite so rare.as what Gillsy has, ...............but i just purchased, last Sunday, 2 breeding pair of wild Bettas,,,,,Betta foerschi....Ninja ,which i am very happy about...I could,nt uplift the 2 videos, which the vendor has posted,, on you-tube, ......"Betta foerschi ",,,,,but these are the very same 4 fish...well worth a look

nothing quite so rare.as what Gillsy has, ...............but i just purchased, last Sunday, 2 breeding pair of wild Bettas,,,,,Betta foerschi....Ninja ,which i am very happy about...I could,nt uplift the 2 videos, which the vendor has posted,, on you-tube, ......"Betta foerschi ",,,,,but these are the very same 4 fish...well worth a look

Alot of the wild betta are awesome little fish, I have seen a few import lists latty with some cool ones on it , weird part is some have very alkaline water 9pH+ and others below 3 , huge extreme

Alot of the wild betta are awesome little fish, I have seen a few import lists latty with some cool ones on it , weird part is some have very alkaline water 9pH+ and others below 3 , huge extreme

9-3 massive swing.

i used to breed some of the moth brooding bettas
they can be soo fussy compared to the bubble nesters,
the most luck i had was with Albimagenta (spelling?)
and of the bubble nesters nothing beats a nice marachi

would love to get back into fish at some point ... i miss them D:

i am getting back into the mouthbrooders again...don,t know why i ever left them bred quite a lot of them...not all of them are hard..channoides, bellica,, just 2 easy ones.

Good on you! This could be the start of something new for corydoras people. A great find.

Albino fish are introduced to the hobby from time to time but rarely just pop up like that, which makes this exciting. If only they were worth what a similar random albino snake would be! :)

One new albino fish that I think is stunning is, of course a killifish, albino Fp. gardneri. You've inspired me to make a thread I think :)

Because of it's size, I think it was just missed when the aquarium shop picked bagged it for me. I don't think it has too much money value, but I have made an agreement with a cory breeder for some normal pygmeus, and a pair of either Aphyosemion striatum OR Chromaphyosemion biateniatum and some albinos back once they start breeding.

I have noticed socially he is different to the normal, either been outcast or just isn't as schooling.

lol pygmy corydoras have been out before when they are schooling means the'yre stressed when they are invidually sittin in seperate spots an chilling is normal behaviour an happy

Last edited:
lol pygmy corydoras have been out before when they are schooling means the'yre stressed when they are invidually sittin in seperate spots an chilling is normal behaviour an happy

Sorry that doesn't make sense, can you reword it.

Serkan spot on :)

Which ones should I go for Mike, It's a 2ft planted tank, with the Spotted and Pacific Blue eyes, Pygmy Corys, Threadfins. I've never kept Killis, I can't have anything to aggressive but it would be nice to have a strong splash of colour.

Score! :D

Hmm, hard choice between those two. They are both really nice fish, and neither is particularly aggressive.

I would say that either as adults should be able to hold their own against signifer, tho as juvies I would be hestitant. The draw backs to each fish would be striatum can be a bit shyer and smaller, and bitaeniatum have fin streamers that might get nipped, but both of those are minor considerations.

Depends whether you like the red and silver green stripes or the big orange fins when it comes down to it :) If it was me, I have bitaeniatum so I would get striatum, but that's kinda irrelevant. The rarer fish is the striatum, and Serkan's are particularly nice.

Cool, well i'm heading down there over Christmas to drop the pygmy off so he's going to let me have a look. He did offer a couple of adult male striatum for display pieces if I didn't want to breed.

The threadfins have no issues from the signifer, and really on the gertrudae that spar one another.

Mr. G !!!!!!!!!!!! have been wanting to suggest to you, since you purchased those Crypts, (plants )..They require underground fertilisation, at the roots. They don,t take fert. through the leaves..easiest/,cleanest/ simplest way of applying this is by way of a small piece of ( 2 cm ) of Manutec fertiliser stick placed under the plant, or under each group, applied in spring........Big W sell a full packet of Manutec for about $4.00..hope you don.t mind me suggesting..............................there is , at this time, another topic, going on on this site, about scientific names...Those fish with the long swear-word names which you and Mike have been discussing above,, would have a great place -of-honour there also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back