Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one who thinks these are bloody ugly.
this sort of things happening is the whole reason i got out of the hobby....
i recently got back into it. but there is only a selected couple of people i buy from, because they pride themselves on 100% aussie, healthy, no neuro animals. not this half breed, neuro problem crap that is popping up.
pretty sad to think what our hobby has turned into. wish it would go back 10 years. everyone was happy with the aussie snakes.
not all this jag/rpm rubbish thats showing its head.
well thats my rant.
oh, and if they enjoy breeding snakes with mental problems so be it......................
at the end of the day, this is just MY personal opionion.

Last edited:
If you took out any monetary value and someone offered me one of those over one with contrasting patterns and colours i'd take the latter. Everyone has different tastes but I think most times the monetary part seems to cloud judgement. I think tribal line is the wrong name, in no way does any of the patterning look tribal!

am i the only one who thinks these are bloody ugly.
this sort of things happening is the whole reason i got out of the hobby....
i recently got back into it. but there is only a selected couple of people i buy from, because they pride themselves on 100% aussie, healthy, no neuro animals. not this half breed, neuro problem crap that is popping up.
pretty sad to think what our hobby has turned into. wish it would go back 10 years. everyone was happy with the aussie snakes.
not all this jag/rpm rubbish thats showing its head.
well thats my rant.
oh, and if they enjoy breeding snakes with mental problems so be it......................
#68...:)

Their are 2 reasons for keeping reptiles, and 1 is because you love reptiles....;)

Grats to the breeder/s :)

I will love to watch how these turn out, should be interesting. I've never been a fan of 'tigers' and stripes and things... they always look plain and boring to me. Though my favourite snake is a brisbane coastal LOL most would consider that boring.

I dont think these look too bad though... very keen to see how they go. :D There is a lot of variation in those bubs with colour and patterns... very nice :)

We have such an amazing depth of Morelia, it was only a matter of time that we produced something better than Jags.
No neuro issues, 100% clutches and the possibility of a superform.
At this moment, just quickly reflect on how ugly this Jag importation and mass rush to breed anything with is, we didnt need it and what a mess it has created - forever. Who would want a Jag now???
These animals with 100% clutches will be available really soon :)
Good luck to the breeder!! Go the Aussies, the yanks will cry over this one. lol

Of course, we could all be taken for a ride still :lol:

So as stated below, their background is muddied as they are a mix of spilota. So really, no better than JAGS?

Completely different. IF this morph proves genetic... Were all jumping 100 miles ahead. So far no Neuro or apparent genetic defaults, time will tell.

Slimebo, it's a Mix of morelia spilota. There is a stronger jungle influence I think, so they should go yellow.

No sorry :D

So as stated below, their background is muddied as they are a mix of spilota. So really, no better than JAGS?

Re-read post #75.
Everybody has a right to do what they want, cant change that. I like my animals :)

So you are not so much of a fan now you know they are a spilota mix??

The Americans do NOT lead the way with morelia morphs, anyone would think the only country outside of Australia was the US LOL.

They do look good, definitely looks like some sort of extreme Jag. No one has mentioned incubation yet :)

I have heard it is the Germans who lead the way as that is generally where your stuff first appears before being perfected and then onward shipped to the States of America.

Does anyone actually have a bloody clue why they are pro-pure? For the life of me I cannot see what the world ending problem is. For the love of Gawd, please enlighten us! The topic gives some of you people a frickin brain hemorrhage! I have yet to hear one sound, logical justification for keeping these animals "pure". Seriously, share with the group without sounding like a complete douche if you can. Is it conservation? Sorry, your pet snakes have exactly zero conservation value. Is it that you prefer "wild-type" animals? Get off yer arses and go look at them the way nature intended. These are captive bred animals destined for the pet trade, whether you like or not. All the beeyotching in the world is not going to change that fact. Many of you are arguing about the issue of legality, etc... Hate to break it to you but the VAST majority of "pure" lines all came from one source... the bush, and not necessarily with permits. Many of these purists know damn well their animals came from or are direct decendants of illegally poached animals. Do yourselves a favour and get off the soapbox before you trip over your inflated egos and crack your little noggins.

As far as this line goes, good on the breeder, the designer pet pythons he/she's created are blowing people's minds and that's a good thing! By adding morphs to the face of the reptile hobby, we are far more likely to draw fresh blood into the hobby, not to mention generate more POSITIVE awareness of reptiles and snakes in general.

Last edited:
These do look very nice. They look very similar to Marc Mense crazy jag that he bred a few years back.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually have a bloody clue why they are pro-pure? For the life of me I cannot see what the world ending problem is. For the love of Gawd, please enlighten us! The topic gives some of you people a frickin brain hemorrhage! I have yet to hear one sound, logical justification for keeping these animals "pure". Seriously, share with the group without sounding like a complete douche if you can. Is it conservation? Sorry, your pet snakes have exactly zero conservation value. Is it that you prefer "wild-type" animals? Get off yer arses and go look at them the way nature intended. These are captive bred animals destined for the pet trade, whether you like or not. All the beeyotching in the world is not going to change that fact. Many of you are arguing about the issue of legality, etc... Hate to break it to you but the VAST majority of "pure" lines all came from one source... the bush, and not necessarily with permits.

As far as this line goes, good on the breeder, the designer pet pythons he/she's created are blowing people's minds and that's a good thing! By adding morphs to the face of the reptile hobby, we are far more likely to draw fresh blood into the hobby, not to mention generate more POSITIVE awareness of reptiles and snakes in general.

Pure or not pure (whatever). But if it has Jag you can stick where the sun dont shine (last line not directed at you snake whisperer).
Thats my beef.

Last edited:
CrazyJag1.jpg

Does anyone actually have a bloody clue why they are pro-pure? For the life of me I cannot see what the world ending problem is. For the love of Gawd, please enlighten us! The topic gives some of you people a frickin brain hemorrhage! I have yet to hear one sound, logical justification for keeping these animals "pure". Seriously, share with the group without sounding like a complete douche if you can. Is it conservation? Sorry, your pet snakes have exactly zero conservation value. Is it that you prefer "wild-type" animals? Get off yer arses and go look at them the way nature intended. These are captive bred animals destined for the pet trade, whether you like or not. All the beeyotching in the world is not going to change that fact. Many of you are arguing about the issue of legality, etc... Hate to break it to you but the VAST majority of "pure" lines all came from one source... the bush, and not necessarily with permits.

HAHA....what a load of old cobblers...the pro pures are the only ones giving arguments, that are based on keeping healthy animals, for pleasure, and not for profit or big noting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back