Cross breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hI its probably a silly question, but i was wondering if it would be possible to breed a het albino boa constrictor with an albino darwin carpet....hypothetically of course.

Bit specific there lol... you couldve just said boa x python... suspicious :O

I'm pretty sure that since theyre from different subfamilies they cant reproduce.

nahh... that would be illegal, was just wondering what sort of offspring would be produced if it was done in the states or so.:oops:

Well them may mate if you really really tried hard to influence them, but even then they won't produce any offspring.
Pythons - Egg layers (oviparous)
Boas - Live young (ovoviviparous)

Hybrid Fail.

I think I have already got diamond X honey jungles on the way! my male diamond appears to be gay so I tried using a jungle to encourage him a bit, but left em alone for 10 min and come back to ...you can guess wot!

I think I have already got diamond X honey jungles on the way! my male diamond appears to be gay so I tried using a jungle to encourage him a bit, but left em alone for 10 min and come back to ...you can guess wot!

Your male diamond and the jungle got to know each other???? That won't make babies.

I read in an American thread recently that an egg layer and live bearer had successfully mated
Will try to remember where and post the link

I have no idea at all how true it is but i seen somewhere that snake will only breed within the same genus???

shouldnt be crossing anything. thats how america ends up with a mish mosh of snakes... no dimond or darwin or jungle.... just carpet.

I read in an American thread recently that an egg layer and live bearer had successfully mated

that would be great if you can find that thread as Im quite interested

Hey beard, yeah my male diamond was housed with the jungle ova winter and he was constantly chasing and coiling up with the male jungle? he probed at 12 scales so im pretty sure of being male.
still only 3yrs old maybe next year?

That'd be interesting to read.......im picturing live babies with eggs as hats or something :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back