We didn't have the green thing back then

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it, it is our generation that is of the age where we are now the decision makers and leaders. It is our generation that is actively trying to right the wrongs of our past to give the youth of today a better place to live in. It is our gen that is trying to stop the high extinction rates, global warming, environmental destruction etc. Before now we weren't in a leadership position to truly effect global affairs. We have learned from the previous generations and are now taking a stand as leaders.

I don't care whos responsible for what... we are all doomed until people stop breeding like darn rabbits. I hate to think of what kind of life my daughter is going to have.

Darlyn your original post is not light hearted. Its finger pointing. The worst thing is... its the older generation that began to manufacture the new plastic bottles... that started using plastic bags... that thought it was ok to blanket the streets with pesticides and who cleared vast expanses of land and continue to do so today as CEO's in mining companies.

Who do you see in the CEO roles in big business? Its not the younger generations... is it. Fat rich baby boomers who started off in the lucky country when it was still lucky.

Beg to differ Herpa.
Is light hearted. There were no environmental issues back then.

Mainly because people couldn't afford not to recycle.
The older generation may have been in charge of making plastic bottles for water but it was sure as hell young people consuming
them. Supply and demand and rampant consumerism is aided by ALL ages of people.

You are quite correct about breeding like rabbits tho, we all know it, but no one stops it.

now dont get me wrong i like the older generation did alot for our younger generation like getting rid of hittler (id hate to think of what the world would be like today had he succeeded )but if you want to track things like global warming and pollution back to its source which is kinda what this thread is aimed well it was the discovery of oil that has caused these problems now i dont blame the older generation for that because im sure if they didnt then our generation would of its just human nature we always want the grass to be greener

now dont get me wrong i like the older generation did alot for our younger generation like getting rid of hittler (id hate to think of what the world would be like today had he succeeded )but if you want to track things like global warming and pollution back to its source which is kinda what this thread is aimed well it was the discovery of oil that has caused these problems now i dont blame the older generation for that because im sure if they didnt then our generation would of its just human nature we always want the grass to be greener

punctuation is your friend.

no i thank them for many things alcohol is one of them

Out of everything in history the only things you can think of off the top of your head is getting rid of Hitler and alcohol...?

Out of everything in history the only things you can think of off the top of your head is getting rid of Hitler and alcohol...?
no i can think of quite a few those where just examples in-fact i originally only used hittler as my example then maddog-1979 decided we should blame the oldies for alcohol i simply said i thanked them for it nothing more but good on you for attempting to put me down i guess you've got nothing better to do?

Not really at the moment now you mention it, but I wasn't trying to put you down love. Don't take everything so seriously. ;)

oh im not taking it to seriously its not going to ruin my day or anything but please what exactly where you implying by saying that because to me it seemed that you where implying that i dont know anything about our history which does kinda insult me

I apologise for any implied insults thomasssss, my previous statement was nothing more than a lighthearted jibe. For future reference if I wanted to call you or anyone else ignorant I would just come right out and say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back