Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably A) pulled out the freezer to take a photo or B) rigamortis

If you take a close look at the picture there's frost on the eyes (they're white) so I'm saying they got pulled out of the freezer for the photo.

Sorry I read his message wrong. They were in the freezer and were taken out for photos. They weren't dancing.

Last edited:
Hey d3pro the ones which died still look really swollen especially if they didn't absorb the yolk as well.
I've had lots of pythons hatch out and not absorb yolk and still be perfectly fine they are just a little bit skinnier than the clutch mates normally.

Cheers sam

Hey d3pro the ones which died still look really swollen especially if they didn't absorb the yolk as well.
I've had lots of pythons hatch out and not absorb yolk and still be perfectly fine they are just a little bit skinnier than the clutch mates normally.

Cheers sam

+1 Sam

Cheers sam

One of the 5 did absorb the yolk but somehow drowned in the fluids. The rest didn't.
I'm guessing it's normal to have the odd weak hatchie in the clutch. The rest are doing great.

It would be great to be able to say to the wider community
Australia has possibly developed something like a Jag that may turn morelia breeding upside down

But cant say that without an assurance that there are no Jag genes involved

No need for details
Just a simply yes/no answer would suffice

i saw a thread on here a while ago about some jungles i think where a whole clutch turned out with a similar crazy pattern,...something to do with an incubator prob at some point in the cooking process if i remember correctly?

they look awesome anyway!!
Even the dead ones? I am sure they can be sent your way. Just invest in a few jars and some metho and you are set.;)
If you want that neuro touch, just shake the bottle.

Even the dead ones? I am sure they can be sent your way. Just invest in a few jars and some metho and you are set.;)
Id take a dead one, that would be an awesome addition to my mantel piece

i read the first page,...what page are the dead ones on?
...wanna see if theyre worth the jar and metho, lol,...

It would be great to be able to say to the wider community
Australia has possibly developed something like a Jag that may turn morelia breeding upside down

But cant say that without an assurance that there are no Jag genes involved

No need for details
Just a simply yes/no answer would suffice

No. The % says it.
But in saying that, calling it the new jag is overly ambitious.
Proving it's genetics are the breeders number one goal.
The next step is putting the parent back together, and seeing if the results are duplicated.
The rest you all know.

There is a HUGE difference between the possible answers here

If either of the parent stock had any Jag genes they are still just Jags with all the inherent problems and only the advantage of possibly 100% morph per clutch
Nothing too interesting there unless you are a Jag breeder

But if neither parent has any Jag genes these possibly open up a whole new ball game

Surely it cannot give the game away about who the breeder is for them to simply say
Yes Jag/ No Not jag

Ok had a quick flick threw the thread .

No jag gene ?.
No funky incubation ? .

Looks like both of the above were used in this clutch .

The funky incubation would make all the normals from the jag clutch look funky just like thread below…..

Jag plus the funky incubation = these results. IMO
Last year it was claimed these were natural ? but most died ?
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/unusual-jungle-pics-151930/

NO MYSTERY AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ....

Have to agree with this....

Plus if all juveniles have this appearance and they are from suposedly "normal parents"?? then it screams of enviromental influence rather then genetic but only time will tell.

i know this is a noob question but..... how do u prove genetics???? i have no idea on that topic :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back