Axanthic Coastals (proven)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have done double hets and yes the wait was nerve racking.

Here's the pic of the twins, will have to have a good look later but they look to be identical.

axanthictwins2.jpg

I reckon these would be nice paired up with some albino Darwins...I know that would be crossing subspecies which is frowned upon in some circles, but the resulting combination of both axanthic and albino genes would create an albino without any yellow colouring, so basically either pure white or a white/pinkish/flesh coloured scales.

I reckon these would be nice paired up with some albino Darwins...I know that would be crossing subspecies which is frowned upon in some circles, but the resulting combination of both axanthic and albino genes would create an albino without any yellow colouring, so basically either pure white or a white/pinkish/flesh coloured scales.

oooooh, nice,...!!!

That's what the comments about snows and double hets are Benjamin

Congrats Larks very nice. I just had a thought - are B&W Jungles axanthic?

They are finally all out of the eggs, so here they are all together.

axanthicsallout.jpg

I got enough ;) and yes I'm keeping them all.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the hypo looking one looks like in a few sheds. And the twins are so cute.. I cant stopping looking at them :)

Neat - both the parents look great, so i hope for your sake the tackers are going to be just as good

Can't wait to see what projects come out of these:D:D:D

so are these pure coastals or are they crossed with something?

its been a long time, but its good to see them proven, well done wayne and jo, i'm glad you were able to continue and i'm looking forward to the snows,

while i'm sad due to personal reasons i had to sell 99% of my reptiles, i'm very happy to know all the ones attacking me were wrong,

to all the ones who supported me in the past, a big thanks.............

i did get a couple fully striped hatchys from the same parents, one was an axanthic, so they should and can produce striped and hypo coastals,

mother was pure coastal, bred in my home town of mackay, by brett modra, the father was bought from jungle freak and has been traced back to mark sim, (not sure if he bred him, or not,) also a pure coastal, but a hypo,

Last edited:
I was over Steve's house before the last of the Axanthics was given to larks. Steve showed me the clutch mates and the difference was outstanding.
From what steve discovered it seemed pretty obvious that he was dealing with a recessive trait. I'm glad the project is continuing with Larks!

Good luck!

The first hatchling to shed is one of the more hypo looking ones.

axanthicfirstshed1.jpg

awesome, these are a really important morph, cant wait to see what the future holds!

I just thought I would post a picture of my 4 year old male also bred by Stephen Brooks, which I think looks very similar to yours.IMG_6247.1.jpgIMG_6249.1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back