Possible perthensis hypo (opinions welcomed)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstuff61

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started with four eggs but one went bad early on and was removed.

The remaining three hatched over Thursday/Friday last week so none of them have shed yet.

One of the three is noticeably lighter than the other two.

I was thinking hypo, what do you think?

Also, has anyone bred out hypo perthensis before? I haven't heard of this, but I'm sure there are a lot of projects being kept secret...

Oh and I put a cute photo of one of the normal looking ones curled on my hand for good measure (and scale).

Attachments

• IMG_4718.jpg
    IMG_4718.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_4723.jpg
    IMG_4723.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4742.jpg
    IMG_4742.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_4762.jpg
    IMG_4762.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4764.jpg
    IMG_4764.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4766.jpg
    IMG_4766.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 175
It doesnt look hypo, Its something you see in clutches of ants at times. Just a varient. We have over the years kept simular looking Stimmi hatchies
and most have evolved to be normal.

Hypomelanistic is a lack of black pigment.
Your lighter one still has all his spots, so he's not a hypo. Think of your platinum macs. Not hypo, but have cool background colours.

Be interesting to see what his colours do as he grows. He is still a stunner.
Well done.

JD

Thanks Colin :)
I am stoked! I hope I can do everything right and get them all feeding.

I would be too :D Im getting some of these myself soon. Ive heard varying reports that some people say they are a nghtmare to get feeding while others have said they have had no problems. keep us informed of what you think in regards to them being easy or hard to get feeding please. and some pics too would be great

I would be too :D Im getting some of these myself soon. Ive heard varying reports that some people say they are a nghtmare to get feeding while others have said they have had no problems. keep us informed of what you think in regards to them being easy or hard to get feeding please. and some pics too would be great

I will definitely do that.
Peter that looks incredible! That turned out normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back