Pet insurance- for stupid dawgs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
uh-oh, a stoopid baby, stoopid babies need the most attention.

Just do what most parents do with their kids these days. Wrap them up in bubble-wrap and feather pillows, buy it all the latest electronic gadgets and throw copious amounts of high sugar processed foods at it. That way it'll never want to go outside so it won't get a boo-boo, or look at the sun, or scrape its knee, or dirty its shoes, or get teased by the neighbours kids, or talk to strangers, or cross the road, or try drugs...........

I have been hearing on the radio lately that some home and contents insurers apparently cover your pets as well, but perhaps that's only when they're home..............

Nah beard this dog has cost me nearly $4k just this year... $600 for a tracking collar (cause he's always chasing pigs and buffalo), $600 for falling out of a car, $1600 for infected teeth and this morning $1000 probably for eating something stupid. That's before i factor in the cost of bringing him to Darwin everytime something dumb happens and he only cost a $1k to buy! I could have had 4 of him by now!

I imagine your pet insurance premiums would be extraordinarily high if they ever found out about his medical history lol.

My missus told me last time we updated our home insurance that our cat was covered incase of injury.

We use Pet Insurance Australia for the mutt and the Mrs cat. Saved us some serious cash not long after we signed up, mongrel dog split one of his toe pads and needed to be put under for a stitch up.

I happy with them, no dramas as yet.

I have found Pet plan to be the best one so far. i suggest you have a look at that one.

umm the reptile guy down here gives out broachers on pet insurance as its then only one that covers snake bite :/ hmm cant think of their name

I saw this card at the vet I go to.

b8801eed.jpg

8ae4b60a.jpg

^^ that is a lot of money weekly.

my old horse was insured, the only animal id consider insuring as they are an asset pretty much.
but then when i think about it, i dunno how id pay for my great dane x if something happened to him. thank god i have a mum with a credit card :p that id never pay back hahaha.

Waruikazi, i can point you to a thread on a dog forum that discusses this in depth if your intrested. They are all die hard dog owners and 90% of them have pet insurance so they know all the prices, premiums, claims etc....Let me know and ill have a go at finding it for you.

How did it fall out of a car?

The dumb *** slipped out of a window that was half way up.

Waruikazi, i can point you to a thread on a dog forum that discusses this in depth if your intrested. They are all die hard dog owners and 90% of them have pet insurance so they know all the prices, premiums, claims etc....Let me know and ill have a go at finding it for you.

That would be good mate.

From all of the vet clinics I have done placement in, the vast majority seem to recommend pet plan. Personally I haven't looked into them so can't really agree, but from what they have said (and these are people I trust), pet plan has reasonable rates and actually cover more issues.

Make sure you read ANY plan very very well. Most have all these subtle little catches, e.g. some only cover accidents, not disease (such as pancreatitis, which can easily cost over $1000 to treat), or visa versa. Most plans will want a full veterinary check of your pet before they will start the insurance for you, to detect any pre-existing issues. The main one they look for is stifle disease/cruciate ligament injuries. For stifle disease, most insurance companies seem to want a vet check to start with, and for the vet to sign off that there is no evidence of current disease, and then after 6 months if there are still no signs, the pet will be fully covered, and if stifle disease, e.g. cranial cruciate ligament ruptures after that 6 month period, the surgery will be covered.

Also, different places cover different values so look into that as well. No point paying say $50 a month and them only covering $300 of a $2000 bill if that makes sense.

Also I know your boy is still pretty young but many places will not start a new insurance plan on any animal >8 years old

Your a crack up Gordo! I recall most of those events with your dog.....He reminds me a tad of my mut, same stuff for getting into trouble, although on more of a residential scale.. No Buffs in my street! lol
He eats s h i t nearly dies, jumps off outside furniture and we don't even know how he climbs up there to start with and hurts his legs, goes out in the surf gets hammered and comes back to shore gasping for breath...and then does it again.
He's a worry that scares the hell out of us sometimes.

If i didn't love the mongrel so much... i swear to god he's gonna be the end of me... Imagine if i had kids hahahahaha!

Your a crack up Gordo! I recall most of those events with your dog.....He reminds me a tad of my mut, same stuff for getting into trouble, although on more of a residential scale.. No Buffs in my street! lol
He eats s h i t nearly dies, jumps off outside furniture and we don't even know how he climbs up there to start with and hurts his legs, goes out in the surf gets hammered and comes back to shore gasping for breath...and then does it again.
He's a worry that scares the hell out of us sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back