My first You Tube video

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renenet

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had fun cobbling a video together this afternoon. I used video footage I took last night with my mobile phone, so please excuse the quality. I'm not all that happy with the music either. It's so much better with the Predator theme, but posting that version would have been breaking copyright.

The video is called Invasion. It has insects, Asian House Geckos (Hemidactylus frenatus), violence and a little bit of reproduction (in a documentary way). Please be nice, it's the first video I've made in about a decade.

Renenet

lol i enjoyed watching it lol i loved your comments. If i were you though i would have screamed and given up on the feed lol But i hate insects. I once watched 2 normal house geckos chase a grass hopper around the roof of my place for an hour and a half. It was fascinating. They finally ended up getting him in the end.

Ha ha....... cool vid. Might freight up some beardies for an extended stay at your place.......... kinda like the opposite of the biggest loser.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone, and for subscribing to my channel. I don't know if I'll be adding video regularly, but I'll try. I really have to save up for a better video camera! (Along with half a dozen other things, not including reptiles.)

Ha ha....... cool vid. Might freight up some beardies for an extended stay at your place.......... kinda like the opposite of the biggest loser.

I was thinking of getting a beardie! There's certainly plenty for one to eat around here.

PS: I forgot to ask, if anyone knows what those insects are, please let me know!

Last edited:
I don't know if i like the AHG being named Gordon... I would have thought that name would be better suited to a croc or scrubbie or atleast a dragon...

I don't know if i like the AHG being named Gordon... I would have thought that name would be better suited to a croc or scrubbie or atleast a dragon...

Haha, Gordo. Please don't take it personally. It's a reference to Gordon Gekko, a character in the film Wall Street. If I were naming something after you, it would be a much more noble beast than a Hemidactylus frenatus. :D

I'm glad we have this understanding :p

Haha, Gordo. Please don't take it personally. It's a reference to Gordon Gekko, a character in the film Wall Street. If I were naming something after you, it would be a much more noble beast than a Hemidactylus frenatus. :D

The insects are swarming ants of some species. I wish I had some here to feed my little praying mantis.

The insects are swarming ants of some species. I wish I had some here to feed my little praying mantis.

Now I know why I've had so many praying mantises around here lately. I had one on my scooter yesterday that did not want to be relocated to a more appropriate location.

Next time I get a swarm like this I can try to catch some for you, if it's possible to (a) catch them and (b) keep them alive in a little tub.

If you find any really fat praying matis' give their belly a gentle squeeze and then throw them into some wate. The result will astound you!

Thanks, Jarden

If you find any really fat praying matis' give their belly a gentle squeeze and then throw them into some wate. The result will astound you!

Sounds a little upsetting for the mantis. :) What happens? Eggs? Worms? Pieces of gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back