If anything.....what does Christmas mean to you.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the real meaning of Christmas, but to me, best of all is watching my kids open their presents. I was well into school before I learnt that Christmas wasn't about Santa Claus and presents.

This year christmas has been very disheartening for me as I have struggled to bring Christmas to my little girl who believes in Santa. I still haven't got her 'santa' gifts. Today I left for work half hour early so I could get a couple of pressies, only to find myself stuck in traffic so had to go straight to work. Normally takes me 8 minutes to get to work, today it took me 45minutes due to holiday traffic. Someone didn't want me going shopping, but too bad. I stopped on my way home from work....hahaha!

It really sux not to save for christmas and find yourself with nothing when the time comes. As soon as the banks re-open I am going in to open up a Christmas Club account and save for Christmas, all year round.
That reminds me of the year my son found out Santa didn't exist. We had a really bad Christmas a few years back and I literally had no money so I scraped together what I could and I knew my son would probably be a little spun out by some of the gifts. He says to me later in the afternoon, "I don't know what was going through Santas head this year, he must have been in a hurry", I couldn't help but crack up laughing and I ended up telling him Santa didn't exist. He went quiet for about 20 minutes then out of the blue he says "So I suppose that means the Easter bunny isn't real either." It is a bittersweet memory, lol.

1. Watching my son get spoilt, the only happy part of it.

2. Gathering with my mothers side of the family and acting like we're all happy when really we can't stand each others presence, there is always a big argument at some point which can sometimes be entertaining. Pretending to be interested in what they've been doing the past year.

3. Driving up to my inlaws for xmas dinner and mourning my husband with the family and finishing the night off with copious amounts of beer and feeling depressed because my son cries for his daddy.

Christmas is a terrible time of the year for me, I don't deal with it well. The thought of the day makes me feel ill. I hate to be a grinch but I can't wait 'til it's over so I can come out from under my rock.

1. Watching my son get spoilt, the only happy part of it.

2. Gathering with my mothers side of the family and acting like we're all happy when really we can't stand each others presence, there is always a big argument at some point which can sometimes be entertaining. Pretending to be interested in what they've been doing the past year.

3. Driving up to my inlaws for xmas dinner and mourning my husband with the family and finishing the night off with copious amounts of beer and feeling depressed because my son cries for his daddy.

Christmas is a terrible time of the year for me, I don't deal with it well. The thought of the day makes me feel ill. I hate to be a grinch but I can't wait 'til it's over so I can come out from under my rock.

My dear Black Rabbit...I am so sorry for your loss, you are very young to have lost your husband. I wish you love xxx

the day before the Boxing Day Test, (should be a cracker, this year ).........and the greatest significance of all, only 7 months , till....................LE TOUR

I wasn't originally going to go home for christmas this year- it was going to be my first christmas without being with my family- which was fine. however just before mid-year this year one of my relatives was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and was given 2-6weeks to live, and they said by absolute luck he may make it to christmas. Well, he's thankfully still with us, and I decided at the last minute to fly home to be with him and my family. So I'll be working christmas eve, have a party that night with friends, and then fly home first thing christmas morning to be with my family.

I don't believe in the religious side either, but to me, christmas is a time to be with family. My brain and logic think 'its just another day' but this year in particular... my 'heart' doesn't agree, its always been family time.. especially this year.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

It also means spiders. Lots of little jumping spiders. I went and cut down a xmas tree and it had a colony of jumping spiders. Now my house is full of them. I've been busy playing squash the spiders. Very busy.

For me, as we are not religious, its about the joy on Tiarne & Izaiah's faces when they open their presents.......this year is also their first christmas with my dad, so its going to be extra special! It is a tough one though too......it is our first christmas without my baby, so while i have my 'smiling face' on......inside i am hurting plenty! :( My aim is to forget my name by the end of the night. ;) I hope that whatever the plans, everyone has a great day & stay's safe!

It also means spiders. Lots of little jumping spiders. I went and cut down a xmas tree and it had a colony of jumping spiders. Now my house is full of them. I've been busy playing squash the spiders. Very busy.

nothing very Buddhist about this goodly member

lol you're the worst Buddhist ever, Beard. I'm also led to understand that you're a terrible Muslim and an even worse Hindu :p

Uh-oh. Beard squashed a spidey. Quick , call batman. He has all the answers.

lol you're the worst Buddhist ever, Beard. I'm also led to understand that you're a terrible Muslim and an even worse Hindu :p

I tried the whole Muslim thing but kept getting the pork thing wrong. Its too tasty.

Last edited:
i always get depresso at christmas. having a big lunch with all the family always reminds me that next year they might not all be there. esp with gran running around telling everyone it could be her last... sigh!

i also feel that theres to much pressure for everything to go right!
i get a lot of joy giving presents though and usually end up leaving my self fighting to pay the bills becaus4e i have over spent. its worth it on the end though :)

Christmas to me.....is exhausting, busy, hard, upsetting, lonely, long and depressing:-(
My line of work means I always work Christmas (it's in my contract that I cannot have public hols off), and it's our busiest time of year.

It can - occasionally we get a win or a great moment.
I am counting on my aps friends to keep my spirits up until after the public holidays.........:)
Any spare moment I have I am logging on to aps, hoping to see "feel good" threads;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back