Scales & Tails Australia Issue 22 - (January 2012) - Back from the printers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Yayyyyy. Our Issue 22 (January 2012) has just arrived back from the printers and it looks sensational!
We'll be taking a few days off over Christmas, so here's the timeframe for availability. If you are a subscriber, your copy will arrive sometime within the first couple of days of January. Our stockists should have their copies during the first week of January as well. Mags will be available in newsagencies after 5th January 2012.
A few of the highlights include:
In Search of Silver Ghosts - article by Gavin Bedford about his hunt for the Oenpelli Pythons
Never about the money - Brian Barczyk's article about some of the very interesting projects he has on the go
Everything you have always wanted to know about live food - Rob Porter's article on live foods
Some like it hot.... the dangers of overheating - Deborah Monks article about burns on reptiles
A 'charming' Village.... Matias Tugores visits an Indian Village whose entire population consists of professional herpetologists!
Reptiles of the Barren Lands - a.k.a. Herping around Melbourne - Adam Elliott takes us around Melbourne highlighting some of the interesting animals found there
Interview with a keeper - We chat with Chris Kupper (Gecko Emporium) and take a look behind the scenes at Gecko Emporium
Pseudoscorpions..... Michael Cermak takes a look at these interesting little animals
Gecko Dan - His article this time answers a reader's question on determining the sex of lizards
Neville Burns is back with his Close Encounters, and Archaic Archives, Nikki has a great article for the younger people in the Hatchling's section, the SHARP competition gets even 'hotter' with prize value of $2,000.00 up for grabs, and we look at the A.H.S. and our own Reptile Festival in our 'Out & About' section.
As you can see, absolutely jampacked as usual........and in keeping with our motto of: On time, every time! No exuses! I'm proud to say that this has been unbroken even after 22 issues.
Cheers
Joy

and in keeping with our motto of: On time, every time! No exuses! I'm proud to say that this has been unbroken even after 22 issues.
Cheers
Joy

Setting a high standard for delivery Joy. Something for us to aspire to. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Another great issue Joy, I particularly like the cover shot :) well done to the whole team.

Another great issue Joy, I particularly like the cover shot :) well done to the whole team.

Thanks Ash, I'm so glad that you like it, and your help and encouragement is always appreciated. Every issue brings its own dramas but it's always good to overcome them and bring a great issue to our readers. Subscribers will start to receive their copies early next week. I always enjoy that time as well.
cheers
Joy

when does it hit newsagents

just read it he he please ignore my ignorance cant wait for it sounds like a good one

Well I received my issue in the post today, probably a bit late but only due my subscription renewal was a xmas gift.

A great mag once again. I love the story from Gavin Bedford about his adventures to get some Oenpelli Pythons into captivity, I wish him lots of success in his mission. The other articles look very interesting as well but I could not help reading Gavin's article straight up.

Cheers
Ian

I just grabbed a copy from the news agents.
Joy you really should put a warning on the cover ... there is a picture on page 40 that is a little disturbing and a little warning would have been nice ;)

P.S it's issue 21 not 22 ;)

I liked the article on live food, the mention of Albino Woodies hahaha

Yayyyyy. Our Issue 22 (January 2012) has just arrived back from the printers and it looks sensational! Mags will be available in newsagencies after 5th January 2012.
Cheers Joy

Ours arrived today in the mail...but it says 'Issue 21 January 2012' on the front. ;)

I just grabbed a copy from the news agents.
Joy you really should put a warning on the cover ... there is a picture on page 40 that is a little disturbing and a little warning would have been nice ;)

P.S it's issue 21 not 22 ;)

People are allowed to make mistakes sometimes.LOL
& yes that picture is the worst looking RAT that I have seen for some time.

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. So glad you are enjoying reading it. We enjoyed putting it together as usual. We have a great team of writers for sure who we appreciate very much and without whose help we couldn't bring you such an interesting read every issue.

And yep..... I had a blonde moment, it's Issue 21. lol. sorry!!!!!!

Dickyknee, you just never know what/who you'll find in our mag, that's for sure. lol. Hope you coped ok?

Subscribers, your copies should be arriving in the next day or two if they haven't already as they've all been posted. Stockists, your copies are being sent out yesterday/today/tomorrow, and most newsagencies will now be starting to receive theirs from Gordon & Gotch over the next few days as well. All's under control!

Enjoy everyone!

Cheers
Joy

Here's the Cover Shot.View attachment 232608

and some 'teaser' pagesView attachment 232609

View attachment 232610

View attachment 232614

You'll find more pages to preview on our website:
Scales & Tails Australia - The premier resource for Reptiles and Australia.
Cheers,
Joy

Last edited:
Great issue! For those of you that dont subscribe, you should :) For those of you who consider yourselves experts, its always a good read to see what others are doing, for novices like me its a GREAT read and you learn something :D

People are allowed to make mistakes sometimes.LOL
& yes that picture is the worst looking RAT that I have seen for some time.

Cheers
Ian

I am still laughing at that pic :) :) :)
I can almost hear it says "come here bro" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back