Nice Intergrade

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontePython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
On a recent trip to the Mountains chasing Trout i was lucky enough to come across several of these beautifuly coloured Pythons. I saw plenty of Skinks and Dragons near and in the water but this was the only one i had the camera out for. I love this locations colours. I wouldnt usually handle a wild snake but this bloke was dead set on staying in the middle of the road on dusk and judging by the carcases around the place plenty get hit by cars. I see these guys especially on dusk chasing frogs in the Fog. Piccy quality is a little bad due to the amount of fog in the air. These high elevation Intergrades are always very dark and strongly paterned. Thanks for looking.

DSCF5827.jpg

DSCF5826.jpg

It's great seeing stuff out in the bush.BTW how did it enjoy being choked?

Probebly didnt but he was only handled for 3 quick snaps and a 3 metre walk before being released at the roadside, the mate in the pic has a torn tendon the little feller was hell bent on squeezing as payback.

the mate in the pic has a torn tendon the little feller was hell bent on squeezing as payback.

Awesome looker! But I'm curious as to why you (or the person in the photo) felt the need to head grab a python? If I was held like that I would be bent on squeezing too!

Awesome looker! But I'm curious as to why you (or the person in the photo) felt the need to head grab a python? If I was held like that I would be bent on squeezing too!

Have you ever been bitten by a wild python before? Not a pretty thing.
Good job getting it off the road. Where abouts was this bloke found?

I try not to put a python in a position where it feels the need to bite.
Good on you:)
And if this python thats was found on the road that did not want to move and had a strike at anyone trying to entice it off the road, would it be okay to head grab it to ensure it did not get run over?
Or should the poster put a pic of a freshly run over python because he felt that the animal would not handle a minute of a head grab and inconvienience?

Barrington/Glouster Tops, i have seen them all the way down to Copeland but the Copeland form seems lighter in colour, but then it doesnt snow in Copeland like it does on the tops, trip previous we saw browns, rough scale Browns?? Adders, RBB's and over a dozen of the Pythons.

We originally thaught he had been hit as there was blood/liquid on the road right next to him, turned out it was the remains of a run over frog.

Re: Head grip
He was bloody annoyed he was being handled and i can tell you i wasnt getting tagged by him so head was secured well, looks bad in the piccy. Quick check there were no missing scales or visable damage and obviously he could still constrict the full length of his body.

Will try and get some more pickies in Feb/March when i fish there next.

Out of interest he was found above 1000m.

Last edited:
Barrington/Glouster Tops, i have seen them all the way down to Copeland but the Copeland form seems lighter in colour, but then it doesnt snow in Copeland like it does on the tops, trip previous we saw browns, rough scale Browns?? Adders, RBB's and over a dozen of the Pythons.

We originally thaught he had been hit as there was blood/liquid on the road right next to him, turned out it was the remains of a run over frog.

Re: Head grip
He was bloody annoyed he was being handled and i can tell you i wasnt getting tagged by him so head was secured well, looks bad in the piccy. Quick check there were no missing scales or visable damage and obviously he could still constrict the full length of his body.

Will try and get some more pickies in Feb/March when i fish there next.

Nice job, good to see you saved this one from a possible run over job.

Nice pictures. I see a few up that general direction occasionally. I have seen much darker more integrade looking at lower elevation and much lighter which off looks alone you wouldn't even pick as integrades. Not seen too many up really high.

just ignor the retarded remarks mate , given the chance they all do the same thing , nice find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back