If anything.....what does Christmas mean to you.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last year (today the 23rd) I got the biggest shock of my life and wondered if I'd ever have another Christmas. Today is the 1st anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis, but I'm ... VERY HAPPY ... to say I'm still here :) Last Christmas was not what you'd call happy, but I intend to enjoy Sunday...church in the morning with hubby, then a quiet lunch just the 2 of us, then a big family tea from about 5pm.

means a big hole in the wallet for me and 3 weeks rest

Well

I was at our local Coles Supermarket early in the morning yesterday (about 8am) because I had to buy some cakes for our last morning tea for the year. Anyway there was all these dressed up people milling about in front of the Supermarket and they got called to all stand together to have their photograph taken.

There was a Christmas Grinch, Santa, Elves, Reindeer, a plum pudding.....and a person dressed in a blue striped outfit that sort of looked like pyjamas, with a big boofy brown wig, a long brown beard and a cross on a long chain hanging around his neck, as Jesus.

it was the strangest christmas gatherning I have ever seen.

The worst part was all the characters, even Jesus were holding the big red hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a day to forget my mobile phone !!!!!!!

I was so confused by the juxtaposition of the grinch standing beside Jesus smiling that now I am not sure what Christmas means to me !!

A whole lot of STRESS !!!

It means People get psycotic and think "OMG i better go and spend 500$ on food..and be really annoying because i can"

People drive slower, and get in the way more...they let their kids whine and beg for Lollies and Playdoh about 50times until you are ready to knock the kid or the Mother out..OMG just give the kid some effing playdoh!!

Christmas is cool, its just ruined by PEOPLE!

What does Christmas mean to me,.......Gravid girls, eggs being layed and hatchies emerging :)

xmas is the only time i get hassled about my pets from the missus:
"put that bloody thing back in it's box we do not have time for a trip to emergency"

Even though im not a Pagan i still put a tree up.

Not to mention the Pagan tradition of gift giving ;)

.. and pretty much every other "christian tradition" in regards to so called 'Christmas'.

For me, it's about family.. nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
This year is special because we just moved states to be closer to family - its my 2nd sons 1st Christmas with this side of the family and my 1st sons second. And this year we have an even special present to tell people - we have just found out I am expecting our third child :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back