No food for a month.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Hi guys I go to UK very soon for a month the question is will my Olive Python be ok without a feed for that month?. My Wife will change the water every day and do little clean ups but no way in heaven will she thaw out a rat, put the Python in a tub and feed him..it's not that I can ask a friend as we are new to Brisbane and don't know anyone as yet. Please help. Cheers Joe. Ps Gut Bucket Is eight months old and four and a half feet (if this helps). Cheers.

It will be fine. If I go away I take all the water bowls out and do one last clean before I leave. I take the water bowls out so there are no spills left unresolved during the time I'm away. If I go away during the warmer months I turn the heat off aswell. If you have someone to attend to water and temps just leave it all intact. Regarding food, one month is nothing. Your olive will be fine.

Just give her a nice big rat before you leave, she'll be fine mate.

my Olive Python .

lol, wasnt this gonna be your daughters snake, hahahahaha!!
i'd be calling it mine too,...! :)

a month is fine, since youre wife is happy to clean up nuggets you can feed him just before you leave. :)

lol, wasnt this gonna be your daughters snake, hahahahaha!!
i'd be calling it mine too,...! :)

a month is fine, since youre wife is happy to clean up nuggets you can feed him just before you leave. :)
Yes it was my Daughters Snake I ended up giving her Christmas money in return for the Olive lol she is scared of Gut Bucket as well. My youngest Daughter who is only eight has no problems at all with handling him lol. Cheers for the advice. Joe

Just give her a nice big rat before you leave, she'll be fine mate.
It is best not to feed her for a week before you go so that her stomach is empty while you are away. That will save some of the mess and reduce any risk associated with different temperature regimes. In Brisbane i expect you could turn the heat off as long as the animal is not being fed . Your wife should be made aware that Gut Bucket will be hungry when she is adding any water and may well see the hand that waters her as food. She certainly doesn't need water daily although the local code of practice may say different.Weekly water will reduce the risk of a bite to 1/7th of daily watering.

It is best not to feed her for a week before you go so that her stomach is empty while you are away. That will save some of the mess and reduce any risk associated with different temperature regimes. In Brisbane i expect you could turn the heat off as long as the animal is not being fed . Your wife should be made aware that Gut Bucket will be hungry when she is adding any water and may well see the hand that waters her as food. She certainly doesn't need water daily although the local code of practice may say different.Weekly water will reduce the risk of a bite to 1/7th of daily watering.

Seconded. This is everything you need to know.

Thanks very much guys you have put my mind at ease.. Where would some of us be without hands on help from a Forum.. Cheers again. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back