Land Mullets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive only got the one also but its full of character. Just like all others ive come across it will take a chunk out of you give it the chance. Ill try get a pic up of him, he used to be really black but has lightened up a bit, hopefully he goes black as he gets older.

Yep we have a massive pair that had 7 bubs this year, born Feb 1st, shy and timid and would bite your arm off if you grabbed them. Lol Johnny bought 3 off me but we are keeping the rest, as far as I know they breed every second year, so im not expecting them to breed this year.

Yep we have a massive pair that had 7 bubs this year, born Feb 1st, shy and timid and would bite your arm off if you grabbed them. Lol Johnny bought 3 off me but we are keeping the rest, as far as I know they breed every second year, so im not expecting them to breed this year.

I reckon the every 2nd year thing is only anecdotal (I have heard that also)........ there would be no possible physilogical or environmental reason for this surely (would be happily corrected) ??? I know a local herper that has bred them say 5 from 7 years with no specific pattern.....

Pictures please !!!!! thanks

Glad to see your expending your lizard collection mate! Those pitch black mini crocks look awesome!

I've had a definite m/f pair for the past year. Male is feral and thrashes about, the female is tolerant of some handling but will let you know when she's had enough by trying to destroy all humans.

Glad to see your expending your lizard collection mate! Those pitch black mini crocks look awesome!

just safeguarding against lizard shortages as you do....... You can free handle them next time you are here & harden one of you soft snake keepers up a bit.........

Wild one from Port Stephens

Attachments

• L M.jpg
    L M.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 82
  • L M...jpg
    L M...jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 75
  • L M..jpg
    L M..jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 69
just finished my outdoor enclosure for these guys.... the male is pictured & you can just see the tail of the female pictured earlier in the thread..... HOPEFULLY they do not fight too much & settle in as it is the first time they have met today !!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0720.jpg
    DSCF0720.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0725.jpg
    DSCF0725.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
he just chased her round the pen & gave her a bite.... I hope it was just a 'I'm Boss & don't you forget it !!'bite & not a 'When the sun comes up on Xmas day you will die or be limbless my dear' bite...... I would say lol but I'm nervous !!!!

Good luck Joe. They can be tricky to introduce to each other. As i told you earlier today, i have witnessed them tearing legs and tails off each other. They can be downright savage.

Is this just with the land mullets? Or can it happen with cunninghams?

So what does this mean for my little guys and their mum when I introduce them back outside with the male? :S

You should be right Mathew, but if you breed them next year and separate mum and the offspring then try to reintroduce them to dad and the yearlings then i can almost guarantee you that this years babies will munch the new borns. seen it many time before. However if you let the mum birth in with them they should form a nice little colony for you. That said even introducing aanother animal of ANY sex or age is also fraught with danger and usually ends badly. In my experiences anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back