Big Tigersnake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This resident tiger has been living under the house for a few years keeping smaller, more dangerous snakes away.

I always try to encourage people to appreciate how lucky they are to have a snake like this,
the facts that it is used to the comings and goings of the house,
has met the dog and is smart enough not to get in the way of tenants,
eats the mice and rats
and can be used to educate others about the importance of a balanced environment.

[video=youtube;XLL3BJDzl2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLL3BJDzl2Y[/video]

What a beauty:)

A lovely snake, Baz. Is that your house he lives under, or someone else's?

Nice story Baz, if only more people would follow suit. Educating the public is certainly a better scenario than having it removed I've come to believe, and what a great way to achive that!

That's fantastic. I agree, IV, so much better for people to share the environment with the wildlife rather than try to change things to suit themselves.

wow baz you must be very persuasive,i have enough trouble trying to convince people to let a blue tongue lizard stay

Very understanding people for letting him stay, good on em i say. Alot of people will kill even small lizards that they find, so its awesome for this guy to keep his home and not be under threat :)

wow baz you must be very persuasive,i have enough trouble trying to convince people to let a blue tongue lizard stay
This is a rare phenomenon Rob, but I imagine when the tiger shows up again they will ring and Ill have to find a new home for him or her.
I am hoping for a "happily ever after " ending but i wont hold my breath

Here's hoping, Baz.

I don't understand that. Blue tongues are completely harmless and eat a lot of animals that people dislike even more, including snails. Is it just because blueys freak them out?

Here's hoping, Baz.

I don't understand that. Blue tongues are completely harmless and eat a lot of animals that people dislike even more, including snails. Is it just because blueys freak them out?

blueys are the devils personal angels of death as far as some people are concerned,and when these particular people ( quite often indian) encounter one in there yard they first ring the police who redirect them onto anyone else they can palm them off onto, which is sometimes me.
When i arrive at there place they take me to the scene of the crime and if the skink is still there the person loses it and runs away.
When i apprehend the perpetrator and aproch them with it in my hand they beg me not to bring the devildog near them for fear they will surely taste death.
you think im joking right?,thats the thing im not LOL
Even after ive demonstrated that its a harmless creature and actually beneficial to there garden,there still not quite sure and ask for it to be taken faraway as possible,
so i take it next door,lol

Beautiful snake, and that's awesome that you convinced them to let it hang around.
Well done mate.

blueys are the devils personal angels of death as far as some people are concerned,and when these particular people ( quite often indian) encounter one in there yard they first ring the police who redirect them onto anyone else they can palm them off onto, which is sometimes me.
When i arrive at there place they take me to the scene of the crime and if the skink is still there the person loses it and runs away.
When i apprehend the perpetrator and aproch them with it in my hand they beg me not to bring the devildog near them for fear they will surely taste death.
you think im joking right?,thats the thing im not LOL
Even after ive demonstrated that its a harmless creature and actually beneficial to there garden,there still not quite sure and ask for it to be taken faraway as possible,
so i take it next door,lol

I have been called out to 5 bluetongues in the last two days as well as a few copperheads and tigers. At one address I had to remove it because the punter couldnt handle it, tooo scary and he even had his wife and kids petrified of it.

But the next bluie callout was in the same area and they were happy to keep both the bluies in their huge, dog free manicured formal garden..
Got some cool vid but couldnt be bothered at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back