Tree snake care sheets or info, please!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting some sort of colubrid, but finding care sheets is really hard. I've literally spent hours going through this forum and internet and haven't found much to do with husbandry.
What would the minimum enclosure size be for an adult Common tree snake (colours irrelevant), night tiger and Keelback? Would an exo-terra type enclosure to for a keelback?

What are the important features in an enclosure (branches and foliage for CTS and BTS? Water for keelback?)?
What is the best substrate to use (I'm assuming paper doesn't cut it for a damp enclosure...)?
Would the diet consist mainly of fish for keelbacks, and fish and pinkies for tree snakes?
Temps??

What about hatchies? Can they manage in click clacks?

No guarantee I'm getting one, just toying with the idea and want to get as much info as possible.

Cheers!

P.S. Enclosure setup photos are more than welcome (I think I've seen 3 for keelbacks) and feel free to PM me about any details =D

I think your best bet would be to PM some of the people that are keeping them and asking for some tips.
I couldn't find much either except one thread that was quite good for GTS info.

i have a common tree snake and its in a 1.5 tall buy 1 buy 1 with heaps of face plants hides hanging from the roof and on the floor i have aspen as a bedding and branches and vines everywhere i was given him because he wouldn't eat and i got him onto pinkies. he has a basking area on one side of about 35 under the lights and he's always under it because i feed him every second day at the moment. i don't own keelbacks but my friends do and they have a tank with rocks on the bottom with a cat litter tray full of water for them to swim in they also put fish in there for it to eat and some times feed pinkies if they will take them they also have a basking site of about 30 to 35. brown tree snakes i think most people just treat them like a python all these snakes tho digest there food a lot faster than pythons do so they feed more but small food items and a couple of them.

If you get a Hatchie colubrid you would want to keep it in a small click clack style holding vessel. Basically the same temps as pythons with a thermal gradient but just keep them a little bit moister. I keep my Hatchie tree snakes on slightly wet paper towel with a hide. Hatchie keelbacks I keep the same but I use critters crumble as a substrate.

I feed the keelbacks a diet of fish only but a mate of mine has got his juvie keelbacks onto pinky mice quite easy.

Colubrids in general have a higher metabolism than pythons so I feed them twice a week and it would be acceptable to feed them almost every day as hatchies but feed them no longer than once every 6 days.

I am a big fan of colubrids especially common tree snakes and keelbacks as they are so entertaining and very active when compared to pythons.

One of my golden hatchies..

babygoldsaaa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back