What to feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can breed guinea pigs,but no rabbits in Qld,Im talking nutrition,as my snake is getting to big for rats.
Ken

We stick to rats, nothing above 250gms (feeding multiple items at one feed rather than one big whopper), as anything above that can be pretty fatty, we also feed on rabbits or quail.
Guinea pigs aren't really too fantastic as a steady diet.
All our snakes are healthy and happy. As far as too big for rats goes as I said before multiple items at a feed; we feed olives and BHPs this way and they're in prime condition.

Last edited:
Thanks Nighthawk.
Ive allways fed my bhp rats,it now weighes 5kg,I thought GPs would be better for it,anyway thanks for you advice and a merryxmas to you and your family.
Ken

Guinea pigs are an inefficient food source. I have tried it and they just take too damn long to spit out enough feed ..... I mean babies. Offspring to food consumed ratio is not worth breeding your own, it's cheaper to buy in rats, even cheaper to breed your own and grow them to the exact size you need.
Also look up chicken hatcheries and buy a few day old chicks, feed them to the size you want and then dispatch and feed off.

my friends have about 15 scrubbys and they get about 4 adult rats each and are nice and thick and in purfect conditon i don't think they have ever fed rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back