Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rattler:

Maybe you should take you nose out of your bible and your backside for just a couple of minutes and look at the REALITY of things. How would you feel if you were told that your sexuality was wrong despite the fact that you had no control over it and that you were not allowed to ever have a partner because if you do you're going to hell? Can you put yourself in other people's shoes or is that too hard for you?

There is no valid reason given in the bible for why homosexual relationships are supposed to be wrong. The only thing that's said about it is basically it's wrong because I said so. Why do you think that every word in the bible is true? Why do you blindly trust the words of people who lived thousands of years ago? Besides actually reading the bible have you ever researched it through other sources? If not it seems irresponsible, if you're going to base your life around something you should thoroughly research it first, and if the claims being made can't be proved, and you get called evil for wanting proof why should you have to believe it without question?

lol,
i have just shared what i know sheds light on this subject.
if it doesnt interest you thats fine.
;)
in the meantime, all people should be shown respect and kindness, true?

Last edited:
There is no valid reason given in the bible for why homosexual relationships are supposed to be wrong.

There is no valid reason given in the bible for ANYTHING! It was a text written thousands of years ago so that the people of the age could have a reason to understand things that could not otherwise be explained. It also made certain they were all good little boys and girls and did what the religious leaders told them to do. Quite a handy control method that, but I think that at least some members of society have evolved beyond the need to have every answer in life explained for them, and are quite capable of thinking for themselves. Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

The only thing that's said about it is basically it's wrong because I said so.

Religion, regardless of the denomination, tenet or underlying belief, is built upon the psychological illness (or "personality trait") we all know as Narcissism. Do what I say or suffer the consequences. Love me or suffer an eternity or pain. Narcissism in its purest form.

I can't fathom how in this day and age that people still choose to believe all this religious nonsense. Each to their own but I am secure enough not to need a fictional crutch.

It doesn't shed light on anything, and I'm not surprised you couldn't answer any of my questions. You make me laugh, you're talking about respect and kindness but your posts from the bible show anything but that. Some of the people who believe it are ignorant self righteous pricks, and some of those people are the reason why misunderstood people have committed suicide. Plenty of kindness and respect there. :rolleyes:

In it's nature christianity doesn't condone anything 'bad'. The interpretation of religious teachings often lead to 'wrong' acts. I'm personally not religious but I will say that most religions share a decent moral base.

Marriage, specifically, is a christian tradition, therefore another option should be offered, simply out of respect for christian beliefs. I'm not homosexual but I'm quite sure that many homosexual couples I know would be more than happy with that option. Whilst we ask christian's to respect the varied beliefs in our country we must also respect their beliefs.

Religion plays a very important part in their lives and often it does help them tremendously. Even if you choose to fill your life with some other belief set or even none at all, you should recognise that it's your choice and in return, allow them theirs.

In it's nature christianity doesn't condone anything 'bad'. The interpretation of religious teachings often lead to 'wrong' acts. I'm personally not religious but I will say that most religions share a decent moral base.

Marriage, specifically, is a christian tradition, therefore another option should be offered, simply out of respect for christian beliefs. I'm not homosexual but I'm quite sure that many homosexual couples I know would be more than happy with that option. Whilst we ask christian's to respect the varied beliefs in our country we must also respect their beliefs.

Religion plays a very important part in their lives and often it does help them tremendously. Even if you choose to fill your life with some other belief set or even none at all, you should recognise that it's your choice and in return, allow them theirs.

Agree, it's the religious people that shove their beliefs down other people's throats and discriminate against others that I don't like. I do have some christian friends, and they aren't like that. Unfortunately I've found that it can be hard to find people with christian beliefs who aren't hypocrites or liars, that comes from 7 years in different churches. It says a lot unfortunately, but when you find people there who are genuine you keep them close.

Marriage, specifically, is a christian tradition
yea, no, it's not, it existed in Roman times and before.

history_of_marriage_in_western.html

Marriage, as we know it in our Western civilization today, has a long history with roots in several very different ancient cultures, of which the Roman, Hebrew, and Germanic are the most important.

but even with that, African tribes were marrying for land and influence for the last 10 thousand years, if not longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, no, it's not, it existed in Roman times and before.

history_of_marriage_in_western.html

but even with that, African tribes were marrying for land and influence for the last 10 thousand years, if not longer.

They were most certainly getting joined in life long bonds but they weren't known as marriage. Bonds like that exist across all cultures but marriage specifically is christian.

Marriage is not specifically Christian at all, Muslims, Hindus, Jews all get married. Ancient Greeks and Romans got married, pagan tribes handfasted (binding there hands together in official ceremonies considered marriage) which made a resurgence when the Christian church refused to let people marry without the sanction of the church leaders, Christians don't and never have had the monopoly on marriage.

I haven't personally seen any evidence of the actual word marriage, being used to describe these bonds in anything other than christian text, as this is what christians label this bond. Most western history is influenced by christianity because, like it or not, we are a society based in christianity.

we're also a society based on slavery, child labour and a whole slew of other undesirable things (all under the flag of christianity and christian allowance), should we then dredge them back up for reuse?

If we are going to listen to books on magic sky daddys (christian mythology) and magic alien sky daddys (mormon mythology) ... then bring on the child brides and polygamy/plural wives! xD

would you REALLY want three times the nagging? ;P *runs from crowd of angry women*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back