Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was five i got my first pet blue tounge, ever since then have been in love with reptiles.

i was abducted by alians & programmed to like them when i was very little

My brothers were always really into snakes so its weird that now I'm the one who has some as pets. My older brother used to catch little python hatchlings (at least we thought they were python hatchlings) and kept them in containers in the garden where mum wouldnt see them. When we were really young we used to make cubbies in the lantana. I was never worried about coming across a snake while I was crawling around in the bush. We also had a resident carpet python we called Boris at the house, we all loved him, then one day he got sick and we took him to Australia Zoo. Turns out "he" was eggbound and so Boris became Borisina. But, I got into keeping reptiles because my mates have heaps, and I fell in love with jungles and GTPs. I've also been obsessed with crocodiles for a while and I love croc and alligator hatchlings. The cutest things you will ever see :D

Always had a fasination for reptiles all my life, I would often catch and try and keep EBD as a child and could never work out how they escaped. Rescued plenty of blueys from the neighbourhood cats and dogs. But I have always had a love for snakes so it wasn't till my 40's that I actually got my reptile license and started keeping snakes. Now the whole family is addicted.

Always wanted one. But the real tip over for me was I was waiting at the bus station and this guy walked up to me and said "I love the Goth look, can I get a pic of you with my snake?" then proceeded to wrap his Carpet named Steve around me and BAM! I was hooked!

i can remember being in year 1 and looking for reptile and terrarium books on library days :)

always have liked them but "A Clockwork Orange" set it off for me. I called my first snake Basil too
OMG lol, that's one of the reasons I'm deciding to get a spotti, even tho a spotted is much smaller than the snake in the movie.

Well have always been a fish man, but loved reptiles but never really ventured that way, then i made alittle friend, who was abit fishy at first then went totally scaley!!!!!!!!!
easy as i followed got to like them n wanted them

lol

end of story

I've always love me mutts, then 18 months ago my step son said he wanted a snake for his birthday. Now I have 4 snakes, 2 dragons and plan on many more.

Well mine it a sad/funny story,
I used to own 4 pet rats when i was 7 and i came home one day and when to grab one out (the lived outside in a 3 level cage), i put my hand in the top part and freaked when i felt something, i ran to my dad and got him to have a look, it turned out to be a beautiful olive python, it had eaten all 4 of my rat so he got stuck inside that cage, my dad grab the big guy out and since he was full and slow I held him and fell in love with them from the moment needless to say my dad got me a children’s python as a new pet :D

Fell in love with reptiles when I was young visiting reptile parks and getting to hold them , one day I was at a friends place and they had snakes and I asked where they got them from and then it started , I got a hatchie carpet , that was 10 years ago , then some beardies and a few years later I got the wife finally to fall in love with reptiles as well and now we have 22 snakes and a a few beardies and a water dragon and the wife's job is now breeding and selling reptiles , got her 3 new GTP's for Xmas lol , is a good way to make sure there are plenty of reps in the house :)

i always liked them, found them rather fascinating. and then i had to do a project on beardies for school. and i fell in love and convinced mum to let me get my first boy turbo. needles to say i think she is regretting letting me get that first one. hehehe considering every visit all i hear is another one? what did you buy that one for!

when i was younger i lived in wa and my parents took me to a nursery where they had a reptile display. i fell in love with snakes at that point (think i was about 5) but my parents said you were unable to own them, but said if they were able to they would get me one in a second(not sure if this is true or if they just couldn't be bothered!). when i was older we moved darwin and when i found out we could have snakes as pets the parents couldn't refuse. i had only had my little children's (seth) for about 6 months when we had to move to nsw so had to sell snakey to move.

it was until about september of 2010 when hubby surprised me with a pet snake as i had always been going on and on about my little seth, plus he was working night shift and i had asked for a cat which he flatty refused. after we got ruby she hated me, but hubby fell in love with reptiles and we now have a decent collection. each time we both say 'now this is the last one...' but i know at some point there will be a roughy added :)

when i was 9 i walked into my house and said to my mum look at this and i was holding a red belly black snake that i picked up down at the dam with my younger brother my mum nearly died and she made me put it in a washing basket and she called a snake catcher to come and get it he just could not believe i just picked it up and took it home then at 10 i had a coastal that my dad got from a friends friend for me by the time i was 17 i had about 30 reptiles and i just can't stop its a ocd i pay rent bills then reptiles lol i go without all the time just for them if they need something they get it

We bought our Daughter a Olive Python for Christmas within a week she was scared of him, so lucky me ended up with him. Her loss my gain. Cant believe how much i like Pythons, there awesome.Joe

my dad was a wildlife carer he took care all sorts of creatures great and small but the snakeys where allways my fav altho most of the time they were sick in some way or it was a basic catch and release.
always loved the possums too

I grew up in what was the fringe of suburbia in the west of sydney in the 70,s. One of my mates and I set up an old 2ft high round swimming pool that my sisters had when they were kids. We built a pond and waterfall using the old filter as the pump and stocked it with wild caught turtles, beardies,bluey,s and skinks. We kept this going for years untill our teens.When the hormones kicked in and we had other interests;) we decided it was time to shut it down and return our collection back to the bush. I know its not the done thing these days but we had a great time learning how to keep our collection healthy finding a hatched clutch of beardies or a litter of bluey,s before they became food for the big guys was always a priority during the autunm. Know into my 40,s I have my own kids now and decided it was time to share a part of my childhood with my kids. I have my licence now and we have just got our first couple of Black Soil dragon babies,and im getting a second enclosure ready for a pair of Central beardie yearlings. Where i was able to find my collection as a kid is now built out with houses acres of natural habitat gone.The way its done now is a bit artificial to me but at least we can still enjoy our reps with alot more education and legally.

6 years ago got a 3ft tank and a pair of beardies now i have a room full of tanks and 30 reptiles. I only wish electricity wasn't so expensive now

since i was 5 my dad got me a blue tounge and when i was six he got me my first license reptile frilled neck dragon.

I was at a shop buying an exercise bike to shed some unwanted weight. Next door to the fitness shop was a reptile store. I wanted to check it out and promised the other half i wouldn't buy anything. There were some ADORABLE baby swcp's snapping at the shop owner.
I broke my promise and now have 2 pythons and a bobtail. With 2 more snakes on the way next year ;)

p.s. never did use the exercise bike after i bought it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back