enclosure suggestions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mace699

Reaction score
hey guys made this the other day when i had 5 mins spare at work im in brisbane and want to know the cheapest place to get glass and tracking

Attachments

• enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 119
hey guys made this the other day when i had 5 mins spare at work im in brisbane and want to know the cheapest place to get glass and tracking.

Maybe I'm taking you too literally, but you made that in five minutes? Here I am, at the beginning of a project to build an enclosure of my own, and I'm thinking it's going to take weeks.

Its only a box Renenet,once you have your plan and dimensions,your wood cut to size,assembly should only be a formality.

Its only a box Renenet,once you have your plan and dimensions,your wood cut to size,assembly should only be a formality.

That's what you'd hope... :D

I've never made an enclosure before so it seems quite daunting right now.

That's what you'd hope... :DI've never made an enclosure before so it seems quite daunting right now.
Get a fridge box and make it out of cardboard to the size you want first,only thing left after that is to get measurements allowing for the thickness of wood.

ok well it took me about 45 mins between serving customers and picking orders cheers ricky 91 but yeah as dead pan says once you know how big your making it its all to easy for this style of enclosure

1300glass now should help you out .Just take the unit to them they will sort for you .I just finished mine .

This is what we did .As the old tv cabnets are not being used anymore we rebuilt it into a encloser..Cost about $250 if you have the unit already .
. View attachment 231327

Last edited:
I was told Bunnings had tracking, havent gone to check for myself yet. As for glass I was thinking to get glass windows cut to size. Perhaps this could be a cheap alternative as I often see windows going cheap on ebay. Get one too big and have it cut to perfect size. Ive not made enclosure myself as yet, so this is a suggestion and a question I guess lol

oh, and just an after thought...many many moons ago we DIY modular kitchen, super easy to put together really. I have seen kitchen/laundry malamin units you can purchase seperatly too. This may not be cheapest option, but its kit form and all youd need is the glass. Or check for places that may just sell the internals (without the doors).

Last edited:
I was told Bunnings had tracking, havent gone to check for myself yet. As for glass I was thinking to get glass windows cut to size. Perhaps this could be a cheap alternative as I often see windows going cheap on ebay. Get one too big and have it cut to perfect size. Ive not made enclosure myself as yet, so this is a suggestion and a question I guess lol

oh, and just an after thought...many many moons ago we DIY modular kitchen, super easy to put together really. I have seen kitchen/laundry malamin units you can purchase seperatly too. This may not be cheapest option, but its kit form and all youd need is the glass. Or check for places that may just sell the internals (without the doors).

Bunnings should have the tracking but the staff usually don't know anything about it, tell them it is kept with the Raven door seals and they should be able to find it otherwise any glazier usually holds the tracking. Pro Glass in West Ipswich is good.

Be careful with older 2nd hand windows, most don't meet modern standards for housing which means they're only 3mm thick, and not strong enough to take a knock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back