Axanthic Coastals (proven)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks awesome mangles.

One of the twins shed today.

axanthictwin1.jpg

Grats Larks and co. Awesome to see some nice Axanthics out here, look forward to seeing them as they get a bit older and start to colour up some more. Well done.

please correct me if i am wrong but doesn't an axanthic x albino create a snow? theoretically, basing this off of ball python and reticulated python breeding overseas.

Yeah Greg that's what Larks is working on with these.
I asked this earlier but no one answered. How would one know the difference between axanthics like these and something that had just been line bred like B&W Jungles?

Yeah Greg that's what Larks is working on with these.
I asked this earlier but no one answered. How would one know the difference between axanthics like these and something that had just been line bred like B&W Jungles?
thanks mate. sorry with 2 kids running around the house and myself, i didn't read the whole thread. my bad!

i guess b + w diamonds also go into the equation for your question right?

thanks mate. sorry with 2 kids running around the house and myself, i didn't read the whole thread. my bad!

i guess b + w diamonds also go into the equation for your question right?

The trait needs to proven as being recessive and not just a polygenic trait. These are proven to be recessive traited axanthics.

yeah as i thought, b+w jungles/diamonds are polygenic like striped jungles and striped coastals. question, if a snow was bred, does it have the genetics for axanthic and albino? say if you bred it you could get snows, axanthic het albino etc etc?

You can end up with albinos, axanthics and snows and for some reason wild type is yelling at me as well for some reason. May need to go read up again, has been a while. Maybe googleman can enlighten us....lol. :D:D:D

I also have a fully striped sib from this clutch with eggs in the incubator this season, seems like so many years ago these greys first appeared in Steve's incubator, lol. Nice work with proving it out larks, and for giving Steve the credit for first producing them rather than pinning your own name on it, which so many would be quick to do. Kudos.

I also have a fully striped sib from this clutch with eggs in the incubator this season, seems like so many years ago these greys first appeared in Steve's incubator, lol. Nice work with proving it out larks, and for giving Steve the credit for first producing them rather than pinning your own name on it, which so many would be quick to do. Kudos.

Yes, agreed, credit where credit is due.

Snow bred to normal , the offspring will be double hets for snow.
Snow bred albino , all offspring will be albinos het for axanthic .
Snow bred to snow ,all offspring will be all snows .
But its possible there will be slight variation in the snows. It happens in other snow morphs IE ball pythons.
There can be slight variations in the amount of yellow reduction from the axanthic genetics thus giving slight variations in the snow morphs.

cheers Roger

Snow bred to normal , the offspring will be double hets for snow.
Snow bred albino , all offspring will be albinos het for axanthic .
Snow bred to snow ,all offspring will be all snows .
But its possible there will be slight variation in the snows. It happens in other snow morphs IE ball pythons.
There can be slight variations in the amount of yellow reduction from the axanthic genetics thus giving slight variations in the snow morphs.

cheers Roger
thanks for that.

looking nice mangles, i can't remember if you got a sibling or not,

just for the record, there were only 3 people who got the axanthics, larks was the only one who got a pair, the other 2 got 1 each, and both were members here,

but i did sell lots of siblings, but these would have been 66% axanthic, and also might carry the hypo gen, as the father was a hypo carrying the axanthic gen, i also used the male over a few other normal coastals to see what he would produce, while the hatchys were nice, not 1 showed as axanthic, so i'd presume these were all 33% axanthic, (from memery)
also anybody who got a hypo from me will have a 33% chance they are carrying the axanthic gen,

but saying that, i also breed several coastals that were unrelated to the 2 that were carrying the axanthic gen, so not everybody who bought coastals from me will have the axanthic gen,

Thank's for the comments guys, and thanks to those who answered the questions for me.

I was always going to give Steve the credit he deserves, it was important to me to do so and to also let Steve be the first to know when they were proven. It was an honour to be given the chance to work with these animals. I just hope that all the people who believed in Steve enough to purchase his animals now know just how special these animals really are.

The other twin shed today, so here's a pic of them together.

twinaxanthicsafterfirstshed.jpg

They are absolutely gorgeous Larks, And i believe a big Congratulations is in order Steve lol. Very lucky, Would love to get a pair lol.

I reckon these would be nice paired up with some albino Darwins...I know that would be crossing subspecies which is frowned upon in some circles, but the resulting combination of both axanthic and albino genes would create an albino without any yellow colouring, so basically either pure white or a white/pinkish/flesh coloured scales.

There is a pair of pure axanthic darwins hatchlings and poss hets that were produced this year and a guy in south Australia has a single adult so there will be pure snow darwins getting around soon as well

Last edited:
There is a pair of pure axanthic darwins hatchlings and poss hets that were produced this year and a guy in south Australia has a single adult so there will be pure snow darwins getting around soon as well
The "guy in South Australia" is the one who started this thread

The thread is about axanthic coastals though not darwins. Would be great if the snows could be pure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back