Python tries to suffocate toddler

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A TODDLER has survived a snake attack in his backyard after neighbours rushed to pull a python off the boy as it tried to suffocate him.

a6KcC55qSXM

Published On: 29-Dec-11 09:22 AM
Source: Cairns Post via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

well, yes its awful.....its what snakes do........i guess what is going through my mind is....just imagine if it was a savage dog.......you wouldnt be just 'removing it'

i am presuming she is sharing the story to make sure people dont leave babies/toddlers unattended.....well anyone that leaves young children unattended......snake prone area or not.....has rocks in their head

i dare say taking pictures would of been the last thing on this mothers mind

Lets cut to the chase here,this female(the mother) has lost site (yeh right) of her ankle biter (the kid) at dusk / nightfall in the Port Douglas area, " one of " the most heavily infested areas in QLD.for scrubs (up to 5 meters) and very big morelia not to mention other critters.
This female needs a good tune up to the facts of life in FNQ IMO.
.......solar 17 (Baden)

Not just in that region Baden some mothers in general need a tune up, I quite often see toddlers walking alone in my area and while snkaes are dangerous; Sexual predators are a real danger in society too. I would hate to compare these attacks against snake attacks

Last edited:
Not just in that region Baden some mothers in general need a tune up, I quite often see toddlers walking alone in my area and while snkaes are dangerous. Sexual predators are a real danger in society too. I would hate to compare these attacks against snake attacks

not proof reading is dangerous too..

Yer sexual predators are funny, whats wrong with you people

The post has been edited....there wasnt a full stop in between 'dangerous' & 'sexual predators' before.......so it read 'snakes are dangerous sexual predators'........sexual predators, no not funny.......but dangerous sexual snake predators.......just a bit! ;)

A 2 yr.old should be asleep in bed at that time of night...mean old mumma that I am :p

No mention of a shovel, which is always a good thing.

Yes mum may have been a bit lax in her supervision, but two year olds can be tricky customers sometimes. Wouldn't be the first time something nasty has happened when a parent has turned their back momentarily.

poor snakey was prolly hungry and come on honnestly a toddler would make a tasty meal ( i know my toddler would which is why she is asleep at that time of night or inside playing quietly)

yeah i saw this on the yahoo website and was wondering if there was any talk about type/size of snake as the pic they show looks like it was a yearling when you look at the size of the head being larger then the body

but if theyre both out the back playing "ball" or whatever it was im still not understanding how the kid got out of the mothers eyes
and as the python only "bit" the kid instead of "swollowing" its leg im still lead to believe it couldnt have been a large python nor do i believe it would have killed the child maybe like my youngest the child was annoying it thats why it bit

and more then likely as usual when it comes to our love of reptiles the media has once again blown it out of proportion but thats not to say it couldnt have been a dangerous sexual predator of the biting kind ;) lol

"experts have said on average there is one cat death per month from Snakes"

As opposed to the thousands of snake deaths caused by cats that they omit -.-

and as the python only "bit" the kid instead of "swollowing" its leg im still lead to believe it couldnt have been a large python nor do i believe it would have killed the child

You're probably right about the size of the python. Anything above 12 feet (capable of swallowing a prey of the toddler's size) would have caused severe lacerations to the kid's leg had it latched on it and not only a few superficial teeth marks. The "act of constricting" can be easily misinterpreted by the horrified mother in the dark. The python probably reacted to a sudden movement as many snakes do.

Anyway, fast recovery kiddo, one day you will proudly show off your battle scars. lol

Last edited:
Indeed, what a tale this child will be able to tell for the rest of his life....glad he's ok though and mummy will be keeping a more watchful eye from now on.

But in saying that, I have a 2 1/2 yr old grandson and that kid is lightening when he wants to go somewhere in a hurry, I can't keep up with him, they move in a flash.

wheres the pics
HAHAHA that would be a great laugh. So sad this snake is now probably two snakes due to a shovel. And all snakes of large size for the time being will probably be targeted. When will people wake up and teach their young not to go near large wild snakes or any snakes in general there is no need to kill a large python as it will move on in it's own time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back