Python bites Qld toddler

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR_Boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Python bites Queensland toddler in backyard

A two-year-old Queensland boy is lucky to be alive after a python coiled around him in his backyard and bit him four times.
The Port Douglas toddler was playing with a ball in the backyard at around 7.45pm on Monday when his mother lost sight of him.
"Then I heard this blood curdling scream," his mother told the Cairns Post.
"The snake was biting his leg and was wrapped around his whole body, to his chest. It started constricting."
Neighbours heard the woman's screams and helped her pull the python off of her son.
The boy suffered four bite wounds and was taken by ambulance to Mossman Hospital and then to Cairns Base Hospital.
Queensland Health said yesterday the boy was discharged after 24 hours of treatment.

Damn Nature you scary!
wonder what type of python it was

Probably a scrub python to be going after something as big as a kid.

yep scarey....mind you as I said in the other thread......if it was a savage dog you wouldnt be getting it off at all.........we all know the story of neighbours etc coming to help and the savage dog does untold damage......

still scarey and I guess a good warning that young children should never be out of sight......especially in snake areas...but truely in any area at all as it isnt just snakes that can cause accidents

They should have got it on camera would have been awesome
yea mate as i said in the other thread about this id say taking pictures and such would f been the last thing on that poor mothers mind with something like that happening are you really 26 time to mature mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back