I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me old fashioned, but my question is......where are the parents...I mean the parents of these "children who are having children"....don't parents educate their kids anymore or is sex education left up to schools. Hell, when I was 11, I didn't know what sex was about. I wasn't allowed to go out with a boy till I was 16 !! And once I was allowed to go out, had to be home by midnight...and that was right up till I got married at 21. We never lived together before we got married, never had sex. Sure the world has changed....but is it really for the better ???

Midnight at 16? crikey, what did you do for two hours after the pictures finished?

Yes, the title is a meme. Its often used when someone says or does something stupid and you reply by saying "I dont want to live on this planet anymore" because you've basically lost faith in humanity. I forgot that posting memes in posts/titles usually doesnt work as the majority of people wont get the reference and Ill end off looking like an idiot.
I Don't Want to Live on This Planet Anymore | Know Your Meme

Last edited:
As the parent of a boy that was a teenage parent I thought I would add my 2 cents. I am not a bad parent, my son was educated about sex, teenage pregnancy etc. My son and his girlfriend wagged school, the school thought it would be ok to wait until they had been away for 3 weeks straight to inform the parents. They kept the child, he is now 13. They didn't do it for a baby bonus, none existed then, they just thought it wouldn't happen to them. They stayed together for 11 years after the birth of their first son and were a lot more responsible than a lot of older parents I have seen. Yes it was a stupid mistake but would they take it back if they could now they have their son, probably not. Zane, the child, is the most well adjusted, intelligent child you would ever want to meet. At 19 they had their second child. The girl involved has a full time job as a childcare worker, my son is a qualified chef and has just been accepted into a graphic design degree at one of the most prestigious universities in the UK. The downside I can see is they did eventually "grow" out of each other and broke up which is very sad, they will also always have a deep bond though because of what happened. I could have forced them to abort the child as her family tried to do but I don't believe that is a choice someone else can make for anyone and I can't imagine never having known my grandson. So that is just a little bit of perspective from someone whose family has been there and maybe it will make people a little less quick to judge. And grannieannie, there have been teenage pregnancies as long as there have been teenagers, it was just covered up back then and the child often adopted out or raised by other family member, I get a little over the whole "kids of today' argument.

... there have been teenage pregnancies as long as there have been teenagers, it was just covered up back then and the child often adopted out or raised by other family member, I get a little over the whole "kids of today' argument.

Also, media has changed. Its easy to hear stories about people on the other side of the world that had a child when they were 11 years old back in 1997. Stories like this weren't heard of 40+ years ago unless you directly knew that person or lived in thier community.

We wont agree on this topic, so i wont even bother arguing. The only reason i stopped by this thread a second time is to post this in hopes that it will just give all of us, just 2 secs to stop, smile, and see that a mother's love is something incredible no matter how young you are. Not alot of stories get to me honestly, growing up i saw things that would scare most adults for life, But this lil lady moved me :)
Teen mum sacrifices life for son - Yahoo!7

Everyone on here should pause from time to time and hug it out :) * HUUGS GORDO* HAHA. With the way my generation is growing up ( unfortunately) it wouldnt hurt if we stopped at a story like this, put all the BS aside for 2 minutes and soaked in a good dose of love and compassion from this young girl's inspiring story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back