hes arrived! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan92

Reaction score
picked up my centralian today! he was a bit snappy, bit me a couple of times and now is in his tub looking around at everything :) the girlfriend doesnt like him though :(
IMG_0029.jpg

thanks guys :) im pretty pleased with him! hes pretty flighty though haha
bit of a change from my extremely placid stimmie :S

Very nice mate , it will settle in time ,just needs to adjust :)

picked up my centralian today! he was a bit snappy, bit me a couple of times and now is in his tub looking around at everything :)

My Bredlis were a bit snappy at first, mellowed out in only a few months. just be patient when you get him out, open the enclosure and wait for him to start wanting to come out on his own, that way its on his terms. And try not to make sudden movements as they will strike at the movement.
They grow very quickly!

"the girlfriend doesnt like him though :(" -> Thats ok they are easily replaced... (jokes). Hopefully she learns to love him as he mellows out. Whats not to love?

when I first got my Bredli she would take every chance to bite me, with regular handling she is now my some placid snake I could pull on her tail and she wouldn’t even care :D

Thanks everyone :) well I gave him his first Feed (while I've had him) and he took it without any worries. Waited a couple of days and got him out, he didn't even attempt to bite me once, and I had him out for a good ten minutes, pretty happy with that :)

Good to hear he's settled well. It's amazing the different "personalities" (For lack of a better description, I find that the easiest word to use) between the different types of pythons.

My partners Centralian is so quiet, he was moved to his teenage enclosure (big enough for him until he is a metre and a half long (currently tipping 100cm) at 6 months of age and is visually the best python to look at as he's always hanging out on branches (which I hear is actually quite common for Bredli's - they are good display snakes) but he is a TERROR to get out of his enclosure. Once he latches onto a branch, it is a careful dance beteen coaxing and untangling in order to get him out (we don't handle them for long periods of time sometimes, but if they haven't been out for a week we will always have a good look over them to make sure they are looking good, healthy, no missing scales etc etc)

My Jungle on the other hand, is so fast to get out of his enclosure (his is also sized for him up to sub-adult) so the both of them only have 1 more enclosure upsize to do in their lifetimes) and all I need to do is slide the hook in to let him know I'm there and he uncoils rather rapidly and out he comes :) he bit me on day one when I got him out of his travel click clack, but never since (although he has head-butt things like TV remotes and the side of his click clack when my sister was eating a maxi-bon (although i do believe he has gotten over his icecream addiction now LOL)

They are both wonderful to handle, we're especially surprised with my Jungle, I expected him to be a little horror, but he's awesome to handle and a credit to his breeder (snakeitup)

My partner's Bredli (Rapture) is a pure Gem (bred by PIGGYB8) and nothing bothers him at all!!

We are so glad to have found our 2 via members of this site (and thanks to my mum being able to collect for us as they were 4 hours away) getting them on the same day as eachother has been a great experience for us and we've learned so much already.

Keep us updated, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time with your new addition already!

P.S. Have you named him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back