rc car lovers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had:
Hyper 7

Savage 25 LE 3 speed

revo with picco .26, all Tekno upgrades, hitec 5995 single servo conversion, slayden steering mods, FOC, roto start conversion, that was my favourite, was so easy to backflip and was so torquey, it would lift the front end when it changed into second. I ripped the TRX 2.5 out as soon as I pulled the revo out of the box, lol.

I had another one with the above mods But an RB323, nice car.

Now I have a fully set up Jammin 1/8 truggy with a BCE titanium chassis, all king heads and dace mfg parts and enough spares to build another car and brushless TC5 set up for countersteer drifting, I want to sell both.

Wouldnt mind a new Losi 5T with a locked CD or 2 speed (only a matter of time before someone makes a 2 speed) and an OBR 30.5 or skopod 60.... 4wd, wheelies, back*****, 1/8 style chassis for strength - ultimate car

I'll post pics up later.

Have you changed your pipe or any other upgrades. If I do get one I'll probably make a few upgrades. I'm a bit of a speed freak so stock doesn't really float my boat.

Yeah the only stock item on my baja 5b would be the pin to hold the rear wing on haha , my pipe cost a bit but well worth it
Redirect Notice

I just did my own DIY /5 scales windows for my car, saved my self $20.... Now its ready for its race on the 3rd :)

Love RC, I have a brushless associated B4.1. I like off road but I enjoy BIG jumps and brake to many parts. I want to get more into the on road stuff. However I wouldn't mind a truck for bashing about.

Raced onroad for about 13 years, but got too political where i raced so sold up. Nothing beats a 1/8th nitro onroad for me, especially at Moorebank in nsw. Full noise into a big sweeping right hander that tightens into a hairpin. Get it right and its an awesome feeling, get it wrong and pretty much destroy the car into the chainlink fence around the track

Raced onroad for about 13 years, but got too political where i raced so sold up. Nothing beats a 1/8th nitro onroad for me, especially at Moorebank in nsw. Full noise into a big sweeping right hander that tightens into a hairpin. Get it right and its an awesome feeling, get it wrong and pretty much destroy the car into the chainlink fence around the track

nice, the owner of the club im in is from Moorebank, he use to raced the on-road all the time.... maybe you might know him- last name : Maynard??

nice, the owner of the club im in is from Moorebank, he use to raced the on-road all the time.... maybe you might know him- last name : Maynard??
surname sounds familiar, i only raced the bigger events there, not the normal clubbies.

Hey guys, just wanted to Hijack this thread a bit. Got my 5yr old a cheap HSP electric RC truck off ebay and had a question re batteries. It came with a 7.2v, 1800mAh with a wall charger. How long does it take to charge, as it doesn't say in the instructions?
It also says not to put a battery bigger than 3600mAh in it. i've got a 4600mAh, what risks are there of my using this bigger battery?
Is it worth getting a fast charger and how quick do they charge?
Once again its for a 5year old so he may loose interest in a week

Cheers for any advice, Chase

Not sure, try hitting up one of the rc forums... There is plenty out there

Hey guys, just wanted to Hijack this thread a bit. Got my 5yr old a cheap HSP electric RC truck off ebay and had a question re batteries. It came with a 7.2v, 1800mAh with a wall charger. How long does it take to charge, as it doesn't say in the instructions?
It also says not to put a battery bigger than 3600mAh in it. i've got a 4600mAh, what risks are there of my using this bigger battery?

what rating is the wall charger [ at a guess its around the 600mah]

Love RC, I have a brushless associated B4.1. I like off road but I enjoy BIG jumps and brake to many parts. I want to get more into the on road stuff. However I wouldn't mind a truck for bashing about.

Do you race? I race at St Ives track and always looking to increase the member base

Need to find out how many amps the wall charger charges at. The higher the amps, the less time it takes. There could be a heap of reasons it says to not use bigger batteries. I would think the speedy can't handle the higher amps? Not to sure.

I would have thought the discharge rate of the battery would have been the limiting factor and not the mAh of the batteries. If the batteries have a higher discharge rate then it'll posibly cook the motor (as dadaman said, it proobably can't handle the amps). Physical size of the batteries could be an issue, but if they are both 7.2V then that shouldn't be an issue either. Send HSP an email and ask for some clarification.

Also, with the charger find out the speed that it charges at and devide the mAh by that number. That'll give you the number of hours it takes to charge. e.g. If it charges at 600mAh as suggested by JAS101, then it should take 6 hours to charge a 3600mAh battery pack.

has anyone seen the electric convertion kits for the 1/5th bajas?! its inasne! castle creations made one.

risk are it can damage the motor and the speedcontroller you will find 99.9% of hobby shops wont stock the motors for HSP's.

also! anyone got a rustler vxl? & if soo what mods have you done to it?
ive got one that has 11.1v LIPOS in it, & i was amazed of the speed it had! its insane!

Last edited:
TC5
eb3dd248.jpg

Truggy
SDC10397.jpg

SDC10408.jpg

SDC10387.jpg

Revo with the RB

Photo0574.jpg

revotop2.jpg

revobottom.jpg

Revo with the picco

Picture289.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Can't be bothered digging up pics of the heli, the hyper 7 and the savage, maybe later. The TC5 and Truggy are FS.

Nice cars mate!! do you shop online? or you got a local hobby shop you go to?

Always shop from the US, mate. When the exchange rate is good, even though you pay a ridiculous amount for shipping you still come off heaps better.

A lot of Aussie shops don't know anything about the good brands either, they try to push HSP and Great Vigour which are absolute crap, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back