Diamond Python Guys!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica

Reaction score
I have a male diamond python about 2 years old, he is not eating too well and is therefore not gaining weight awfully fast. He is a beautiful little boy though, and I would love to upgrade his tank. I am also looking into breeding him when he is old enough but I would need to find a female. I was just wondering a few things, firstly, how old/big does he needs to be first? Secondly, would the female be allowed to live with him before they are old enough to breed? And finally I know the female needs to be older/bigger but by how much and how do I track one down? I would just like to introduce the female when I get him a larger tank. I would love to hear from people with experience and stuff or just people with information on it, I have been using a few other sources but they do not have terribly specific information on some things that I would like to know.

Thankyou. Any help is appreciated.

as long as he is eating he should be fine,
i would look into treating him for intestinal worms thou if he is not gaining wight

you dont want to push him for size either , it will only lead to issues latter on

breeding age , for males as 4-5
and for females 5-6

would recomend NOT breeding anything younger than that.

wights an be a bit diffrent thou for males its around 600 grams, but females are recomended to be no less then 1500 grams.

and you dont want to over feed and "fatten them up" either
diamonds are prone to fattey liver disorder and other conditions asociated with beeing over wight.

Thankyou. That is helpful... he is gaining, but slowly because he only eats a small amount.

So are they allowed to be together before the proper breeding age?

ive kept juvinals together with no problems
but be sure to have simalaur sized animals together
lost of hides
and ALWAYS seperate them to feed.

Just don't house them together at all when breeding you introduce the male to the female leave for a few days then remove him and wait awhile then put him back and so on. If you want to keep more then 1 snake get a enclosure to go with it. That's just me im against housing together but some people will think otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back