Is this a leatherback beardie??????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DebsDragons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,I'd really like to get some feedback from all the central bearded dragon experts out there.I have two clutches,maybe three from different females but same male and some of the 4 week old ones are looking very different to their siblings.They have a more distinct pattern and reduced scalation and tubercles.I would really appreciate some constructive opinions. Thanks

I think they still have to many raised tubercles to be leatherbacks. Perhaps a picture of one and "normal" one in the same position to compare.

No their not. Here is a leather.

Attachments

• leatherback_closeup2.jpg
    leatherback_closeup2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 293
Thanks guys. Did you breed that one D3pro.I should have taken a pic with one of the normal ones-didnt think of it at the time

Thanks guys. Did you breed that one D3pro.I should have taken a pic with one of the normal ones-didnt think of it at the time

No that one isn't mine. there are a few people with them, but the main characteristic is no spikes or tubercles. The silkbacks go one further as their name suggests

Anybody else got any suggestions as LB's do have scales and tubercles its just that they are reduced

I have never seen any beardeds like that here or over seas
If I were you I would hold them back and breed them and see what pops out
this might be one morph our over seas friends have not produced yet :)

I just found a for sale ad (pm me for it if you want) the who posted it person says that what you have there is a leatherback just not as advanced as the one posted byD3pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back