breeding from wild

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your storey does not make sense, if I python can get into the enclosure then your female could get out, which she would have already done.

I'm guessing there's some sort of structure around the outside of the aviary they can climb on to get to the top, where the opening in the fan is. There they can drop down into the awaiting harem.
Hence why I suggested mesh over the gap where the fan is before. If I knew of an opening, any opening, where anything could get into my snakes I would fix it, both for their protection and the intruders. Then again I have kids; I can't afford to have any accessability to our reps without Get Smart-esque intro style portals.

I went and made a coffee just for this post so I could spit it out.

Pre-planned spit-take: That's a whole new level to comedy right there, what a world :D

In NSW it is illegal to take reptiles from the wild. If a wild animal can get into your aivary but cant get back out it would be concidered a wild animal trap. Also illegal. Its very plainly stated in the regulations. So wrong on many fronts I say be responsible and mesh the fan so it doesnt happen.

I think people are getting confused with what you are trying to do.... here is your question re-done with your intentions.

would it be illegal in NSW if I take from the wild, a male diamond python and place it in my outdoor avairy with my in heat female diamonds and breed it, then release him back into the wild once his deed was done.

The answer to your question? Yes. Very illegal.

I really don`t no why you bothered to start this thread, wait a minute, yes I do... to stir the pot. Sounds like your minds already made up. If I was this way inclined I don`t think I would be broadcasting it.

what i dont understand is this.....snake breedng has become very competitive because if I am correct we have more snakes than we have homes for them....so why wouldnt you want to purchase a really nice male diamond...so that when you do bred you breed the very best looking diamonds you can..to make a cntribution to the snakes that are out there if you are going to bring more baby snakes into the world.....oh wait.....that costs money doesnt it......a wild one would give you a clutch of snakes for nothing.......(whoops flame suit on)

I think he more wants to know what would happen if this were to happen (under his eye or not). Yes we all know the... current system of environmental law making government would have an issue with it, but then nowadays, you can't really blow your nose without copping a fine. (Apparently I'm not allowed to let my ball python watch me sneeze!) < Thats a joke people, no nasty PM's or requests for hatchy prices lol. Anyway, would a bit of outside blood do the diamond families any harm?

I don’t know why people even bother posting questions on this site as people just put stupid, petty and nasty responses , It’s a long way to fall from that high high horse of yours!. So to answer the question: Yes it can be done, yes it is illegal, but is anyone going to know or care? probly not.

So to answer the question: Yes it can be done, yes it is illegal, but is anyone going to know or care? probly not.

The paperwork might get a bit sticky to explain. I am assuming there is no legally obtained male involved or they would just breed with that. I'm not quite sure how one might explain only having females that they laid fertile eggs.............. Mary snakes !!! .. Immaculate conception , that's gotta be legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back