Boa Constrictor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I recently had the opportunity to handle a boa, and was surprised how big they really are.
The snake I got to handle is about 8 feet, but its weight was over 10kg!
I was also a bit surprised with how docile the temperament was too, still with a great respect for how strong the beast is.
Just thought i'd share my experience and see what others have been lucky enough to have a similar experience, and they're views on boa's
cheers kenny

It wont surprise anyone given my username that I love Boas and especially Boa Constrictors. I have kept many over the years and have found most to be extremely docile. It is a shame they are illegal here as they are a fantastic captive snake.

Hi guys
I recently had the opportunity to handle a boa, and was surprised how big they really are.
The snake I got to handle is about 8 feet, but its weight was over 10kg!
I was also a bit surprised with how docile the temperament was too, still with a great respect for how strong the beast is.
Just thought i'd share my experience and see what others have been lucky enough to have a similar experience, and they're views on boa's
cheers kenny

So docile, but yet so much potential!
When it smelled the guys dog it flipped, so he put it away and this thing chucked a fit hissing for 20-30 seconds at a time with its mouth open and occasionally snapping at the tank.
He said it was like a kitten again the following day
I reckon he better keep em separated cos I know which one will come off best!

I've only handled red tail boas. Very different to our pythons. But they just didn't appeal to me as much as our Black Heads and Womas.

Has anyone copped a bite from one?
I reckon it would hurt a lot more lol.

I have been bitten by a few over the years, mostly feeding response bites so my own fault really and mostly young ones. Older long term captives rarely show any aggression.
They are the most amazing snakes and some of the morphs being produced are just mind blowing.

No not in zoos, at my house in my collection

overseas :)

OMG, some people have sad lives, I used to live in the UK and kept many different reptiles. LOL

Join DateDec-04
LocationSomewhere near Brisbane
Posts8,106

2 houses would be nice but no we moved to Brisbane about 10 years ago, before that we were in the UK and had boas. I DO NOT have Boas or any other exotic reptiles in Brisbane LOL.

I think he has 2 houses.. or he moved here.
What else have you got over there Boa?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back