DIY Thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it more modern add a GUi... then add wifi to it and stream it to your laptop... and BAM your in the future :D... you could even have it streamed to your phone so you could monitor temps when your out... Or even change the temps when out...

Now your onto something... Add a cam to see your herp and you have a complete package

And if you really want to get technical you could add a remote control Feeder... for feeding on the go lol... if you where going to make its so technical i would add a power kill switch on your phone... just in case a fire breaks out... also a smoke detector wouldn't hurt lol...

Your herps wouldn't need you anymore if you did all this haha

I got my Chrissy present today. Some more pieces to hook onto the thermostat.
We had a quick play of the prototype and have already identified some bugs, but it works.
It maintained the temp of the one cage it was hooked up to (only a short period) to a +/- 0.1C range.

On this install, it now has all 10 relays, 10 power sockets with individual fuses and a rechargeable battery that keeps the computer running if the is a power failure.
Can't wait to finish building my next cage to install it properly.
Here's a few pics, looks pretty tidy when it is all closed up.

d70abff0.jpg

68957966.jpg

and the main guts of the machine
bc5b7b83.jpg

nice one. Should be sweet when you get it fine tuned.

dislexia

WOW this is awesome, and who cares what it looks like as long as it works!!!
congrats to your FiL on his genius, keep up the good work
my old man is an electronics genius, i might have to have a chat to him.......
josh

That looks great mate. I have been wanting to try and make something like that but until I can get all my enclosures in the one place it will be hard to do.

Congrats let us know how it goes, does it dim the heat source or turn it on/off.

Where did you get the kit from.

Last edited:
Chewy first of all that is awesome and if you guys improve on this by a lot then why not sell for $$$ hey?? And second you mentioned your dad is a taylor just wandering where is he located and how much??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back