Smooth tail geckos nest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonReptiles

Banned
Reaction score
I have a gravid female ATM she is on the edge of laying , what do people do to make there nest. I put pile of wet sand with hide over it but she digs around it and not in middle . Any advice be great ? Whats everyone else do ?

I put like a 4l lunch box in of wet/damp sand, enough to hold a borrow. The box just had a hole on the side so she could get in. This makes it easier to get the eggs out. But if not just kep the cool end damp.

True yeah I've been making sure it damp everyday but she didn't seam be to happy with pile of damp sand.

Something the size of a margerine tub with a hole in the side is much easier and plenty adequate. Just damp sand will do fine.

depending on the size of your enclosure, how often you check i normally just make sure one end is moist but keep in mind i only use 52 litre tubs for my geckos which are clear and show the eggs quite well

Last edited:
JK888 can you just post a pic of your enclosure, wouldnt mind seeing the size. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20120102_162206.jpg
    IMG_20120102_162206.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
6e200223-4d40-b256.jpg

That it there

I use a clear plastic tub , around 1L or so with moist sand in it , these work well as you can just pick up the tub and look at the bottom to see if there is any eggs in it , saves digging around in an ice cream / dark tub.

These tubs are not as big as others use , but to date I have had no issues using them and all of my geckos use them every time they lay , they are sistema bakery range tubs.
I normally only keep that tub moist and I spray the top of of it so they have a pool of water to drink from.

IMG_00181.jpg

IMG_00201.jpg

As long as it holds moist sand and they can access it then I don't think it matters what kind of tub it is.

Sweet thanks for your help

6e200223-6e9d-6da3.jpg

Now I just have to sit and wait lets hope she lays ...

There little door at the front too so she go in and out

6e200223-0a87-6f4d.jpg

Today I got eggs

Last edited:
congrats mate , i used to use the empty cricket containers but i ran out one day and never used them since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back