Yo female Scrub!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this thread.
How are they going mate?

Day 87....... I opened an egg at day 80 and there is a scrubby in there ( scrub is fine and still alive in the egg)... They still haven't came out yet.....

Congrats mate,
Going to need a lot of mice and bandaids :D

This guy pipped on new years day after 74 days. Opened him up last night to check on him.
beace018.jpg

The rest of the clutch pipped this morning.
b7e94240.jpg

Congrats mate,
Going to need a lot of mice and bandaids :D

This guy pipped on new years day after 74 days. Opened him up last night to check on him.
beace018.jpg

The rest of the clutch pipped this morning.
b7e94240.jpg

cool , how nippy are they?
Everything I have read says they arnt bad before there first shed

I'm at the same stage as you.
They're just living the life in their eggs.
They could be bothered with me one bit.
Can't wait to see them out and cruising around.

I'm at the same stage as you.
They're just living the life in their eggs.
They could be bothered with me one bit.
Can't wait to see them out and cruising around.

Cool , I'm not sure why mine have taken so long , all my other clutchs of jungles etc have hatched on time in the same battor..
Hope they have started tonight when I get home from work

Photos or it didn't happen

Cool , I'm not sure why mine have taken so long , all my other clutchs of jungles etc have hatched on time in the same battor..
Hope they have started tonight when I get home from work

Day 87....... I opened an egg at day 80 and there is a scrubby in there ( scrub is fine and still alive in the egg)... They still haven't came out yet.....

I had to laugh Paul...I opened an egg and there was a scrubby in there....and all I could think was....well,,,you might have found pink elephants instead.....Seriously they look lovely...congratulations on your first clutch !!

Elizabeth

They're starting to come out.
What are your looking like Scleropages?
436ed373.jpg

They STILL haven't hatched *dies of waiting* , think I am on day 91 or 92? I have given up adding up days now... lol

Ok , Ironically I had major drammers with the scrubs , they still hadn't piped or anything on day 94 so I piped the eggs ( as I have done with over 40 clutchs of pythons before) , a day or so latter they had started to die , opening a few of the dead eggs up showed fully formed scrubbys but the yoke was all over the place and not firm.

After another few days to see if any would come out (none did) I removed the 7 "alive" ones carefully from the eggs and placed them in a humid warm tub , none had absorbed the yoke and most of the yoke was breaking down - I am aware most people would of just froze the baby's or put them out of there misery.

Well I babied the hell out of them and have managed to keep 5 alive , I have cleaned up the umbilical cord and am waiting on them to have their first shed and will get them eating , apart from being very skinny they are acting like baby snakes should , tongue flickering and exploring at night.

I am not sure what has happened , my house was struck by lightening a month into incubation so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it , wile the scrubs where in the incubator I hatched out 15 other clutches of python eggs , none with this prob but a few "weird" hatchys.

I am going to keep the 5 hatches as they are not sutible for selling / re homing.

Oh the fun of breeding snakes

375566_219051741516344_100002345580570_503277_1933409862_n.jpg

Godzilla ;p in snake form.

And they may not be sellable as of yet but they might turn into quite normal great little snakes as they mature :)

I am sure they will , they all seem very non bitey , and I have alot of experience with keeping hatches alive than haven't absorbed their yoke.
whats another 5 scrubs , lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back