HELP!! Nephrurus Levis has not shed eye scale!?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leverett13

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have recently gotten a pair of nephrurus levis and one of them has had it's first shed. The shed was successful apart from the one scale covering it's eye. I have placed a moist paper towel in their as i read online. This has not yet worked and was wondering if i could do anything else?Any help would be very appreciated.

i would give him a mist with a water bottle. Make sure that the water is not super cold. Keep an eye on him it will usually work itself off over a few days. I would keep misting him 1 or 2 times a day.

Ok awesome thanks heaps! Is this a usual thing or not? From what i have read it may be from a lack of moisture. I have been spraying the side of the enclosure everyday as this is what the breeder told me. Is this enough or should i be doing more?

regular misting 1-3 times per day should sort it out , with the moisture id say spray a bit more it wont hurt them they will just hide under their hides if they don't like it ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back