Variation.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No-two

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
These guys looked all pretty familiar when hatched (granted they're only two weeks on and one slough in) but I'm amazed at the variation, I havn't had them differ much in a single clutch of womas in the past, they're WA sandfires.

Few are similar to this.
tn_KMale.jpg

Dark.
tn_Dark.jpg

White.
tn_White.jpg

Yellow.
tn_Yellowhand.jpg

Both.
tn_Keepkeep.jpg

tn_Yellowandwhite.jpg

That's awesome! I don't know which I like better lol.

Wow. I'm not a woma fan, but those are niiiice.

They are stunners.it will interesting to see how they colour up after a few sheds.

very nice mate....when i saw the white one i thought, wow thats nice, then i saw the yellow and thought the same - dont know which one i like best. Can you post more pics in another month or so as it would be interetsing to see how they develop.

Cheers,
Dave

i think one of each would look nice at my place. love the fact there like a box of choclates never know etc etc. i must find someone in sydney willing to swap

That white one is definitely something I'd like to see progress pics of.

i dobut its an Axanthic as it still has red and yellow colour on its head.

but it is diffrent and be intresting to see how it gorws up

Nice, I had 2 very white tanamis hatch out this season, both with very pink, rather than orange, heads. I love the variation in woma clutches.
You'll have to keep us updates on these.

The dad of these guys was a very pretty white coloured boy, I hope the hatchie turns out similar to him.
tn_IMG_0058-3.jpg

Now how excatly are you going to bring yourself to part with any of them, hope you got plenty of room mate. I certainly would be hard press to let go of any of those rippers.

Nice, I had 2 very white tanamis hatch out this season, both with very pink, rather than orange, heads. I love the variation in woma clutches.
You'll have to keep us updates on these.

Sounds like possible axanthic womas...if it were me they would be holdbacks for sure. See how the colour develops as they grow. It's possible they could just end up yellowish like most womas, but there is a good chance they will retain that colour and in that case they would be axanthic. Even if they do get some yellow in them, still keep them back, and breed them to each other (if they are a pair).

These possible mutations are very interesting to the hobby.

As mentioned by pyro earlier its a bit hard to be ax with a yellow head= not axanthic. But very easy on the eye. Great contrast. Congrats

congrats.. hope that white hatchie is a female no-two so you can put the father over her.

As mentioned by pyro earlier its a bit hard to be ax with a yellow head= not axanthic. But very easy on the eye. Great contrast. Congrats

sara_sabian hatched out 2 tanamis that appear to be very white and both had very pink heads.

Orange - Yellow = Pink

Axanthic = -Yellow

So Orange + Axanthic means Orange - Yellow which means Pink.

If it were me I'd hang on to those womas, they could be axanthic, and if they are you could use them in a breeding program. If albino womas are discovered you could even make "snow" womas. With womas, the xanthic is the base colour of cream/yellow, else it is white. So an albino axanthic would have a pink head, and be white and pink pattern. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back