Lavender Striped Bearded Dragon??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dippy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought my misses a 3 week old Bearded Dragon for Christmas and we have noticed that it has some very vibrant lavender patterning down it's back. It was bought as a Het for Hypo as it's aunt was supposedly a hypo and from pics I can say she was incredibly bright. Just wondered if anyone knows what the lavender patterning means, was told the other day it could produce lucistics but I'm pretty sure I've only heard of Mojave Ball Pythons doing this and might be a mix up. Anyone got any ideas?

We have bred some that have this as well that have come from a pairing of high yellow female and a male that changes from almost white to a dark purple grey

Was it from Burwood by any chance?

Hey guys, I bought my misses a 3 week old Bearded Dragon for Christmas and we have noticed that it has some very vibrant lavender patterning down it's back. It was bought as a Het for Hypo as it's aunt was supposedly a hypo and from pics I can say she was incredibly bright. Just wondered if anyone knows what the lavender patterning means, was told the other day it could produce lucistics but I'm pretty sure I've only heard of Mojave Ball Pythons doing this and might be a mix up. Anyone got any ideas?

My male has a fair bit of lavender colour down his back when he is nice and yellow

My boy is a high yellow and has lavender flanks, his bubbahs showed the same colours. Keen to see a pic too though! And of this aunt :)

Here you go guys, Pics. The middle pic is the aunt, She is supposed to be a Hypo Yellow Phase and the other two are of our little one from the back. It has darkened up cos it was in the sun, will wait for it to lighten up again and take more pics lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 171
And now it has lightened up alot, So here's the better pics.

Attachments

• Beardie.jpg
    Beardie.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Beardie2.jpg
    Beardie2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 127
  • Beardie3.jpg
    Beardie3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Beardie4.jpg
    Beardie4.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Beardie5.jpg
    Beardie5.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Wouldn't know about the lavender but he's a pretty wee guy! Just my 2c ;)

Hi Dippy
Here is a pic of one of our adult females produced from a pairing of a white male and similar female...
So you might end up with something similar...all our babies come out pastel or white. Should be nice colours in a few more months.

Kelly

Attachments

• lavender%20beardie-1.jpg
    lavender%20beardie-1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back