Domesticated Damage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice crystals form in the orgams, muscle tissue, blood and brain. Due to their metabolism reptiles are considered to still be aware when this process takes place. In NSW Wildlife Groups are not allowed to use this method. Either pithing the brain or green dream followed by the freezer when the animal is no longer concious. After administering lethabarb the vet should place the animal in the freezer as in at least one instance a brown recovered from the injection after a couple of hours.
I hope this helps Michael.

Putting in freezer is for when snake may be required for further examination. I have a good vet who does all euthanasia. If we would once again like to turn this in to a he should do this or that thread by all means go for it again :)

I have an idea .............. how about putting the snake in the freezer AFTER euthenasing??????? Wouldn't that be the most humane method if the body of the snake is needed for future investigation???

I have an idea .............. how about putting the snake in the freezer AFTER euthenasing??????? Wouldn't that be the most humane method if the body of the snake is needed for future investigation???

Ummm this is what i was saying ? Please ppl who wont to argue read all my statements so i dont repeat. like i said not oging to argue or contnue talking this if it is the same thing.

Ice crystals form in the orgams, muscle tissue, blood and brain. Due to their metabolism reptiles are considered to still be aware when this process takes place. In NSW Wildlife Groups are not allowed to use this method. Either pithing the brain or green dream followed by the freezer when the animal is no longer concious. After administering lethabarb the vet should place the animal in the freezer as in at least one instance a brown recovered from the injection after a couple of hours.
I hope this helps Michael.

This is what i was referring to Peter. Thanks

Ummm this is what i was saying ? Please ppl who wont to argue read all my statements so i dont repeat. like i said not oging to argue or contnue talking this if it is the same thing.

great1! Its not an argument buddy, its a point of there being only one answer to a problem and not teaching bad habits.
If your posts were easier to understand and not containing wrong information, (like what you originally wrote but seems to now of disappeared), you may get a better reaction.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back