Coping With Stress...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am under a fair amount of stress at the moment and am having somewhat of a difficult tim coping with it all.
Was curious as to how you wise people cope with yours?

I spend time with my kids......i am always able to put on a 'brave face' when im around them, & it helps me forget things for awhile. When they are at school, or if u dont have kids, i find that spending time with my pets also works......i take the reps out for some sun, i take the dogs for a walk.......even bathing the dogs or cleaning enclosures & cages helps me, anything to keep my mind from whatever it is that im stressed about!

U could also try reading, listening to music, having a dance, watching a movie, talking to friends.......Goodluck, i hope whatever u are stressed about gets a bit easier!

Depending on the cause of your stress, you can deal with it in a couple of ways, one is to avoid the stressor completely. If that is impossible however, then employ what they call relaxation techniques (Google is a good resource). the next step would be to see a doctor or psychologist who can give you coping mechanisms to help deal with it. The final method depending on the amount of stress you are experiencing, is to consider medication, there are some pretty good, mild meds out there now that don't turn you into a zombie.

Its all up to you and what suits, AAND as I said, the cause of your stress. You are non specific on the reason for it.

Drugs, drugs and more drugs lol. I sit in the herp room, that generally helps. Dealing with stress is something that takes practice, everyone is different. (my work is sometimes stressful, but money and caffeine help)

walking and smoking cigs i gave up cigs and the doc wanted to put me on damn mood stabalising meds i told him to rack off and had a smoke lol am fine now i just walk with my ipod or talk to my hatchie dragon or sing and dance with my daughters unless its them stressing me then i just walka track into my back yard lol

Preventative measures - better than cure. Works for me.

i-xRPbKkK-M.jpg

I'm not sure what you call ... a fair amount of stress ... everyone has different stress levels and everone copes differently. I have suffered from severe depression for 20 years (diagnosed) and have been hospitalised for it several times, the last time just before Christmas. I have medication and therapy. But like I said, my depression....stress....is very severe. I'd suggest you talk to your doctor about it firstly....he'll be able to assess your situation professionally. He/she won't suggest medication or anything else if they feel it's unnecessary. Most certainly don't try and cope with it alone.....good luck. !!

Thanks guys keep them coming!

Just a run down of what's actually going on, it started the end of November '09. Found out my mum was having multiple online affairs, when I confronted her I was blamed for all her stress and pushing her to that point. Things got worse, she did jack all about it and her emotional abuse got to an all time high. She then shipped me off to Brisbane for a week in January '10, and proceeded to move out, didn't tell me until I'd been home for just an hour. 2010 being year 12, I not only had to achieve something, I had to raise my 13yo sister and pick up my fathers pieces, which would often result in emotional, physical and verbal abuse. I became the wife and copped everything. My now boyfriend came in on the end of it, Dad got involved with woman number 1, and that wasn't complicated enough. I got quite sick about this time, resting heart rate of 120, unexplainable, undiagnosable pains in my legs, hips and back. I lost about 20kg through this ordeal and on top of type 1 diabetes, I now take a cocktail of medications (muscle relaxants, beta blockers, tramadol and anti-depressants) which make alcohol consumption not wise lol. Feb last year dad met the wench, he basically left me and my sister to fend for ourselves. At this time I was passing out multiple times and my boyfriend would come over and find me, alone, blacked out on the floor. I ended up moving in with my boyfriend and his family, as Dad seems to have fallen to damsel in distress and swapped his real family for her family. (this woman is known for multiple mental issues and is a manipulative liar). I found out he was engaged to her on facebook, and haven't spoken to the man since last easter. Then a week before Christmas, the house we all lived in, which belongs to my grandparents, is where he and his fiancee' and her three girls are moving into and I have had just under a month to move me and my sister out. Ontop of money issues, I'm getting sicker and more stressed again and finding it hard to cope. My boyfriend is a godsend though and don't know how I'd get through it without him. And that's the BASIC explanation lol. I'm getting to the point where I'm over fighting through the treacle that is life, it's too tiring lol

You most certainly have major stress in your life....I suggest you see your doctor or some kind of social worker who should be able to help you work your life situation out, or at least give you some suggestions. I think you're doing remarkably well under the circumstances and certainly for your age. Good luck xxx

Wow that's a pretty rough deal! Big kudos to you for doing what you have and dealing with it so far.

Hey Miley_Take, i really suggest you seek help. I know at the beginning it can be hard but trust me with time it gets better. I am on multiple medications for arthritis ( Oxycontin 40's anyone that knows what that is, will know that is some serious sh$t, and other things for pain and to help me sleep etc..) But i cant stress enough on how careful you have to be with medication ! Im not embarrassed to talk to other young people about the issues i had with medication and trust me you never want to go through it. Find a good Dr that wont just write you anything and that will actively seek to help you out, because although you might find a Dr that writes anything a heaven send, you will self destruct at the end. I worked in pharmacies for 7 yrs, and i can honestly tell you from experience that presc meds are worse than any street drug. And especially anti anxiety benzos ( Ex : Xanax). If you want more information or want to go into more detail dont hesitate to PM and i will help you as much as i can and hopefully point you in the right direction. Im probably just abit older than you and i went through it all so dont be embarrassed, been there done that and now i try to help others my age that are going through it.

Then a week before Christmas, the house we all lived in, which belongs to my grandparents, is where he and his fiancee' and her three girls are moving into and I have had just under a month to move me and my sister out.

will the grandparents stick up for you???

wow, thats awful,....some parents really need to man up and take responsibility for the kids they made,.....

my animals are my de-stressors,...im not sure they would work in a situation like urs tho,....

this mightnt help you feel better right now, but a few years down the track karma will most likely rear its lovely head when crazy damsel takes him for half of everything he owns,....

hope life picks up for you!!

Wow that's a pretty rough deal! Big kudos to you for doing what you have and dealing with it so far.

That's about half of it, as I can't say any more due tot he danger of finding my father slapping me with a lawsuit or two lol

Murdering people...
on my xbox

Boyfriend has a PS3 now, COD is rather soothing :lol:

will the grandparents stick up for you???

wow, thats awful,....some parents really need to man up and take responsibility for the kids they made,.....

my animals are my de-stressors,...im not sure they would work in a situation like urs tho,....

this mightnt help you feel better right now, but a few years down the track karma will most likely rear its lovely head when crazy damsel takes him for half of everything he owns,....

hope life picks up for you!!

Grandparents are 1/3 the problem. I'm the golden child so I get their issues and bitching dumped on me as well. Plus they aren't too happy I'm forgoing uni again this year in favour of making sure my 14yo sister turns out alright and giving her support she so needs.

As for animals, I've just got my two pythons, they're at mum's which I don't see too often as boyfriends mum can't handle snakes (which I don't care, they give me a secure place to live and a sane family lol)

They say things happen in threes so I can only hope that 2013 is a bit nicer :lol: got to keep a sense of humour or all would go to pieces!

WOW! You are doing so well with everything your going through! What your feeling is totally normal under your circumstances!

I agree with what others have said, go and see your Doc and see if you can get some free counseling and they should be able to point you in the right direction for other support systems for you and your sister. Have you spoken to Centerlink and your sisters school?!?! The school can and should help you out with some info and places you can go to seek help and assistance. Centerlink can point you towards some things as well. As for food, if you have a health care card you can go to some places and you get food for next to nothing! Bread for 50c etc. It may be day old or close to expire etc but all the little things help! Centerlink should be able to tell you whats in your area or ask at school/church's/salvo's thats there job.

Let me know if you need a hand with the school's and what they can do to help as my mum is up there with the education dept and she can point you in the right direction at the least! PM me if you need!

As for me and stress I take Vit D. Since I started taking it I sleep better, feel better and dont have half as many other issues any more!!!!

Good luck and keep up the amazing work! You are an inspiration to all!!! :)

Buy a punching bag or similar, being able to just hit something without hurting anyone/anything is amazing for releasing stress/anger. :D

Medication!!

I unfortunately suffer from Post Traumatic Stress and Chronic Stress Syndrome so am completely unable to process it. When I feel down I normally go for a horse ride or take the dogs to the beach without anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back