Clean glass cage out...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake007

Reaction score
Got a little question for clean a glass cage can u use windex ? cause of the smell it gives out like to strong for a snake or not ??? or should i just hose it out and wash it down

I just use vinegar and water in a spray bottle and wipe off with paper towel. Dont think window cleaner would be good to use tho.

cheers yer cause i just carry out the cage and wash it down but i tell ya what carrying a 1.2m long cage its to easy HAHAHA thanks for the advice :) very handy

and how often do u wash it out ?

i have kittles crumbel on for bedding as well some people say once every 3 months but just take the top bedding layer off every so often

Last edited:
Are you cleaning or disinfecting? To clean i just use news paper and water, disinfecting i use bleach and water.

Jesus... 40% bleach... and you're not getting carried away with the bleach??? 5% bleach would absolutely be the strongest you need under any circumstances. Hypochlorites are very dangerous chemicals and need to be used sparingly.

As a glass cleaner, Windex is fine, the volatiles evaporate quickly and leave no residue.

Jamie

As a glass cleaner, Windex is fine, the volatiles evaporate quickly and leave no residue.

Jamie

But for a product that leaves no streaks and a crystal clear finish with no harmful chemicals black and white news paper and water cannot be beaten. Even windex leaves streaks!

But for a product that leaves no streaks and a crystal clear finish with no harmful chemicals black and white news paper and water cannot be beaten. Even windex leaves streaks!

True, but nothing beats the unbeatable finish of windex and newspaper! :)

I've only used bleach to soak marine carpet, at a weak dilution. Carpet is rinsed as best I can then outside to dry in the sun. I don't want to be able to smell any bleach afterwards.

I went to my local aquarium/reptile place and picked up some F10 - $15 for a small bottle - they use it at a concentration on 1:250 for sterilising and cleaning their enclosures - probably better use something else for actual "cleaning" but its looks like the bomb for disinfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back